Update on my Disability Claim.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bronagh, Sep 7, 2005.

1. Bronagh

Bronagh New Member

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to tell you the latest on my Disability claim.

First of all, i was turned down first time, expected that, the assessor was not nice, i was with him for exactly 3 minutes, he refused to look at my hospital records or my med prescription, he said the letter from my Dr was sufficient!!! Social security are now asking for my hospital records and will reconsider my claim, if they turn me down again i can appeal.

Anyway, i contacted an elected representitive to come with me in the event of an appeal, he brought me to see an elected Government Minister who is now helping.

I recieved a letter from this Minister this morning telling me that he has personally spoken to Social Security Deciding Officer and another Government Minister that is in power at the moment and who is fighting my corner.

I very much appreciate this help but if i am still denied i won't be dissapointed because i am one of the unlucky ones, the health section tells social security to fail so many thousand every year because of lack of money!!!!!!!!

I wonder where THE CELTIC TIGER HAS DISSAPERED TO IN IRELAND:D.

It will be very interesting to see what happens, i will let you all know when i get the official letter.

Bronagh:)
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Bronagh:):
    Good luck to you. I hope your letter gives you good news.
    I get SSDI, but I believe it was from being hosptialized a few times in the beginning of having Fibromyalgia. I could not handle the pain.
    I am wishing the best for you:
    Hugs
    NyroFan
  3. Bronagh

Bronagh New Member

((((((((BIG HUG)))))))))

Bronagh:)