UPDATE ON MY EMG

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Annette2, Mar 20, 2003.

1. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

I had my EMG yesterday. The neurologist was very nice and answered a lot of my questions. She did my left hand first. I could see the screen while she did it, and I had a feeling everything was okay - no nerve damage. Then I turned around so she could do the other hand, and I couldn't see the screen anymore. It was a bit uncomfortable, but nothing horrible. I am used to needles, having started hayfever shots when I was 5 years old! Anyway, first she said my nerves were fine. I got a little upset - I told her I have all these symptoms and if the nerves are okay, what could it be? She said it could be muscular and/or the bones being painful. Then, towards the end, she did say I have very mild carpal tunnel. I asked her if she was saying that to "make me feel better" and she said no, she wouldn't do that. I was still depressed when I left. All of these symptoms and then they say you're okay. Well, since the test my hands have been in more pain than before! I don't know if I should call my doctor or not. The Mobic is doing absolutely nothing! Any suggestions? I have splints at home, but can't find them. I'll have to search for them tonight!

Annette2
  2. joannie1

joannie1 New Member

I know how you feel, I truly do. I went through three of these on my low back and left leg. And having the severe pain but normal test results almost seems insane and makes you feel horrible. I mean you sit and anticipate and hope they find something to figure out what is causing this horrible pain and they find nothing. I think if you feel it bad enough of course you should call your Doctor. I am sorry that you are so upset with the whole mess but I do know how you feel, I have been there too and I know what your going through. Shoot this was 2 and 1/2 years ago and they still just write it off as chronic pain now Fibro. Although the weakness and pain is so bad i walk like I am 80 as people say.
    I am sorry your so sad and they couldn't find anything to help you more. Take care and keep your chin up okay.
    Love,
    joannie
  3. Tattoopixie

Tattoopixie New Member

Sorry they did not give you the answer you wanted, BUT that doesn't mean your pain is any less! I too have painful hands & have just chalked it up to another fun thing this DD does to me! Even if I was told they couldn't 'prove' the cause that would not lessen my pain. Let your Dr know how bad the pain is & demand relief. There is no reason to suffer. Hope you get relief soon.
    Peace,
    Pixie
  4. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

Thanks! I'm glad there are people who know how I feel. I spoke to my doctor's nurse this morning. She's going to call the hospital to get the official report,and then talk to my doctor. I told her how bad my hands hurt. I told her the Mobic is doing nothing for me, and I want to know what else I can take. Plus, my hip and rear end are killing me today. It's damp and rainy and I'm sure that doesn't help! I hope you have a good weekend!
  5. Annette2

Annette2 New Member