Update on my gastro issue, to everyone that replied

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by phoebe1, Oct 2, 2005.

1. phoebe1

phoebe1 New Member

I finally found someone who does colon irrigations (she is a nutritionist), but she said to me that she doesn't do them once-off, she first wants to detoxify me otherwise it won't be of long-lasting benefit.
    So she gave me 2 liver flushes, one is a powder I must drink and the other one is half a fresh squeezed lemon with a tablespoon of cold-pressed flaxseed oil in the morning, and a tablespoon of flaxseed oil at night.

She also told me to buy a cabbage, finely shred it and let it ferment at room temperature for a day, then strain it and drink 1 cup a day of the juice, I can not think of anything more revolting but she swears by this and I only hope I will be able to keep it down.

She is a big supporter of fresh veggie juice and insisted a buy myself a juicer, just the thought of this makes me want to hurl, but I am comitted and am going to try my best.
    Thank you all for supporting me through this!

Love
    Phoebe
  2. phoebe1

phoebe1 New Member

Colon irrigation is where the colon is flushed with warm pure filtered water, it loosens debris and gunk and also flushes out bad bacteria and parasites.
    Herbals, anti-fungals and oxygen can even be added to the water to help with the process.
    It is definitely detoxing, some people has as much as 11kg of impacted feacal matter in their colons.
    All of this putrefies and releases toxins into the body, making us sick and causing disease.
    If you don't know much about this, please take some time to google it, I really believe this will be a big step towards better health.

Hugs
    Phoebe

3. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

I started a CLEANSE this morning...

Nature's Secret Ultimate Cleanse...I researched some and then found it at my local health food store, only to come home and find it on this website too...

I too have been reading more and more about detoxing to benefit those with these DD's...

I am also hearing more and more docs admit what I have long known, the colon has the same "make-up" (if you will) than the brain...If one is unhealthy, the other suffers...

I have much experience with epilepsy and bowel disease so my research of both have proved the connection...Dr. Oz on Oprah recently admitted the connection and I remember him using words like "critical" to describe what other docs thought about this issue...More non-believers!

One website, while pushing colon cleansing listed the #1 symptom of colon related ill-health being BRAIN FOG!

I will try this program, being faithful, cutting out MOST unhealthy foods, especially processed foods(most of which I cut out long ago).

I am excited about the possibility of feeling better due to this cleanse, therefore, all of my energy (what little I have) will be focused on this cleanse...

Good luck with yours and post your progress...~Alicia
  4. meowchowchow

meowchowchow New Member

Be very careful with colon cleansing. You can perforate your bowel which is very dangerous.
  5. tansy

tansy New Member

and colon health are very important, so it's worth a try.

My grandmother swore by fermented cabbage, despite serious health problems she lived longer and better than her doctors had predicted.

I prefer to eat my veggies in their natural state either raw or lightly cooked, but many insist juicing has helped them.

Good luck, I look forward to reading your feedback on how this new protocol works for you.

love, Tansy
  6. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

That is absolutely right!! The colon cleanse is the best thing that you could EVER do to promote better health.The detoxing and herbal cleanse is very important. I have told everyone about my UC and how when I did a colon cleanse that my UC went away. Now that is not IBS, this is bleeding and great pain --for 30 yrs.!! Any way I don't take meds for UC and haven't for 2 yrs. now. None of the Dr told me about colon cleansing but I found it on the net and know that God lead me to it --so I could be healed. You need to stay on the colon cleanse for 6 to 8 weeks. I passed some really awful junk but,it was like someone threw a light switch on--I was better almost as soon as I finished the cleanse.
    Shirley
  7. Leenerbups

Leenerbups New Member

Let us know how this cleanse goes for you please?

I heard long ago that cabbage healed the digestive tract and ulcers as well.

What is an effective, yet gentle cleanse? I have IBS and other digestive problems, so I have to be gentle with it. I tried Dr. Shutle's and it made me sick.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/03/2005]