Update on my health

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by MicheleK, Dec 31, 2012.

1. MicheleK

MicheleK Member

Hi everyone,

I wanted to let those of you who are familiar with what I have been going through the past few months know that I am experiencing some improvement.

I am now able to sit up in the recliner and read for hours. I am so happy to get out of my bedroom which has been like a little prison the past three months.

I am also now able to be on the computer and type for almost half an hour which is quite an improvement over a few minutes of that activity. I am hoping this improvement will enable me to be here on the board more.

Since I cannot travel but need to be seen I have an appointment on the 9th with Dr. Lerner in Michigan. I really am not a fan due to his personality but he is an expert in the viral problems patients with CFS have, and that is what I have been battling the past few months. So I will bring my husband with me and hope that his presence will keep the Dr. Jekyle/Mr. Hyde in line.

I hope you are all doing okay. I think of many of you often.

Hugs, MicheleK
  2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Glad to hear you are doing better, and sorry things have been so rough for you!

I hope Dr. Lerner can help - keep us posted -

Best wishes,

Mary
  3. MicheleK

MicheleK Member

Thank you Mary.

4. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

you were having such a rough time, but happy to hear you are improving...

At this point in my life, I don't do much anyway, and I lay on my heating pad a lot....do what I need to do and no more...

Can't relate to the CFS fatigue, but an relate to the FM/OA pain...jam
  5. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

I don't think we understand the suffering of others. You have to be such a strong person to have gone thru the last 3 months. I'm happy to read you're seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. I will add you to my prayers.
  6. greatgran2

greatgran2 Member

Sorry to hear you have been so ill ... Would love to hear all about your symptoms, treatments etc.. How far is it to Dr. L ? I hope you are able to make the tirp and get some help.. Please keep me updated..
  7. I'm sorry I'm just now seeing this post! I haven't been on the board since Dec. 22nd when I responded to a post.

But this is WONDERFUL news, Michele! I can't tell you how happy I am for you! I KNOW what a blessing it is to be able to get out of the bedroom! I too have thought of my bedroom as a prison at times, when I've been bedridden for long periods. So I am celebrating with you these improvements and praying you keep getting better and better... and stronger and stronger!

I have seen some improvement for myself too since November, but then the holidays, among other things caused some setbacks. I started taking a tsp of d-ribose and a scoop of glycine in some decaf green tea each morning for about 4 to 6 weeks now and I def feel like its given me more energy than I had before. Of course, if I overdo or get very stressed or don't get enough sleep, then I still crash. But if I pace myself, I can def tell that my energy level has increased. My problem is I still forget to pace sometimes and then I'm right back where I started :-( its kind of like a starving person who suddenly is given some food and they grab all they can get... I tend to be so thrilled that I have some energy that I forget to pace and then pay for it. But I WILL learn sooner or later, I hope!

Again, I'm SO SO happy to hear how much better you're doing Michele! I'm thanking God for you! You've been in my prayers and will contnue to be! Please keep us posted! God bless you! :)

Blessings and Gentle Hugs,
    Shel
    [This Message was Edited on 01/13/2013]
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I don't know how I missed this but I am so glad you are doing better. I keep you in my prayers.

Love, Mikie
  9. neoplus1

neoplus1 Member

That is wonderful. Hope your improvement continues.

-Steve
  10. deepak

deepak Member

Hi Michele.

I too did not realise you are so sick , from your earlier posts.

Hope you will find a way to be healed.

With love,
    deepak
  11. MicheleK

MicheleK Member

Thank everyone for your good wishes on my continued improvement physically.

I am going to have some saline IV's this week, which I hope will further aid me in being able to be upright.

In the past I had regular saline IV therapy, but in late September when all the Herpes family viruses suddenly began multiplying out of control, I found that the IV's were of no benefit since I was so deeply crashed. It was as if nothing could help.

It has taken three full months on 3 grams of Valtrex to get upright in the recliner. Dr. Lerner is thinking I need higher dosing. We are waiting for my blood tests to return.

I have absolutely no idea how in the world I ended up with this viral problem. In the 20 years I have been ill I have only once tested positive for active Herpes titers, and that was in the first 2 years of illness. So this came out of nowhere. (not unlike all the other symptoms I suppose.)

I have taken this crash very seriously and have been a good patient, resting deeply and biding my time until I am returned to the previous meager level of health I was experiencing. Ha! Everything is relative!
  12. I am praying the I.V.'s do the trick, Michele, so you are able to be upright more and more. And I'm praying for improvement even beyond that... Even with our ME/CFS, our condition can suddenly improve just as quickly as it went downhill. I am holding onto hope for you, Michele!

Who's to say why these viruses suddenly lambasted you... Maybe you were under more stress than usual at the time? It doesn't take much to weaken us even further and open the door to something like this onslaught you experienced... But there's no telling....

The important thing is that you ARE improving, so let's celebrate that! (If I could, I would do the "happy dance" for you! lol!) Even though I'm sure it feels like baby steps... With God's help, you will KEEP improving and getting stronger... That's my prayer!

Keep us posted, Michele! God bless you!

Shel :)
  13. Since we haven't heard from you here for almost 2 weeks now, I am hoping that doesn't mean your symptoms have taken a turn for the worse... Please let us know how you're doing.... Even if just a few words... Keeping you in my prayers, Michele!

Shel