Update On My Heart Palps

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ~Sibyle~, Feb 3, 2006.

1. ~Sibyle~

~Sibyle~ New Member

Well I did a little amature detective work and found that during my heart palps my pulse rate is 100-110 BPM normal blood pressure (120/75). During the times I feel dizzy/weak/faint my BP is about 90/60 with a pulse rate of 54 or 55.

I contacted my doctor with all my info and she told me to take Sudafed, Drink 2 or 3 caffine drinks a day and drink TONS of water.

I already drink tons of fluid in order to keep my milk supply going for my baby. I already drink 2 caffine drinks a day. Sudafed makes me feel wierd.

I am sorta dissapointed but the symptoms scared me so I guess it was good that I brought it up.

Guess I will throw in and extra caffine drink and try some Sudafed.
  2. ~Sibyle~

~Sibyle~ New Member

the low BP and low pulse. I do not have a clue what to do about the palps. Every doc says they are harmless because I am too young to have heart disease.
  3. ~Sibyle~

~Sibyle~ New Member

And it did keep my heart rate up. It raised my BP a little but mostly gave me more heart palpitations. And now I feel nauseated. I do not think I will be trying that again.

I wonder why no one is interested in finding out WHY I have this problem.
  4. ~Sibyle~

~Sibyle~ New Member

And my BP is 83/53 with 82 pulse. Tell me THAT is normal!!
  5. ive always got low blood pressure and heart palpatations,its very worrying isnt it.my doctor says its due to stress,but the palps just happen anytime,even when ive had no stress for days at a time.
    i was told to drink plenty of water and that should raise my blood pressure,but it didnt.im always having dizzy spells and falling over.but no one seems to want to help me,they keep saying its due to stress,so when i keel over and die,of a heart attack,ive told my husband to sue.

kind regards

xx fran
  6. Connie3

Connie3 New Member

Hi Sibyle!

You answered one of my posts a few days ago after I had been in the hospital for heart palpitations, extremely low blood pressure, and dizzy, fainting like episodes. My bloodwork showed extremely low potassium levels and low magnesium. My internist took me off of lozol which I had been on for 10 years for chronic swelling, mainly in my face, and they lowered my atenolol dosage from 50 mg. to 12.5 mg. They also gave me intravenous fluid and potassium IVs and potassium and magnesium pills. The cardiologist had considered a cathertization(sp?), but my ecocardiagram and other tests were too good to point to a heart problem. The cardiologist suggested that extreme stress and anxiety could be a factor. That made since to me because I had just asked my husband for a divorce on Monday before I went to hospital on Sat. After 2 days in the hospital I came home and started lexapro 10mg. to help with anxiety and stress and have xanax for really bad moments. After a week my internist increased the lexapro to 20mg. The palpitations are better, but still are quite bad when I get upset. I can't believe how badly my body reacts to stress, but I guess it has really worn me down since it has been so bad for 4 years. I was also getting sicker and sicker. Started having a yeast problem 3 months ago and take nystatin capsules for that. Also, I take Threelac, jarrodolphilus, and just started on hormones from FCC in Dallas which are progesterone at night, and Estrogen cream and testosterone troche in the daytime. At night, I take
    50-75mg. trazodone, .5 xanax, 12.5 atenolol, 500mg. magnesium. During the day I also take magnesium and a few other supplements. I am feeling so much better and try to eat low fat meat, chicken, fish and vegetables. My blood pressure in the hospital was about 80/48 until after a couple of days of potassium and stopping lozol. My chest still gets very tight, but much better the last couple of days after increasing lexapro. I hated having to get back on SSRI's and had weaned off cymbalta several months ago, but I have to get through this extremely stressful part of my life. My husband will not be able to move out for a couple of weeks and this is very hard.

I pray you find the cause of your problem. Yes, stress can kill us, but have bloodwork done also.

God Bless!

Connie
  7. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Sudafed, and lots of caffine when you are breatfeeding?

I too struggle with these problems, low blood pressure and heart palpitions. Dr. could find anything wrong and told me it was anxiety. I don't beleive them, nothing in my life changed. When i tried to keep a diary on my blood pressure, to find a pattern, and show just how crazy it could be.
    I was told i was obsessing on it too much.
    They offered beta blocker for the palpitations, they lower your blood pressure, but i turned them down. My blood pressure at times is already way to low. Plus they already told my there was nothing wrong. So they are just trying to treat the symptoms.

I honestly think that first,this is just part of this garbage we have, and second, i feel it is conected with the hormones in our body that are out of balance. I've noticed my symptoms are alway the worst before my period, now. At first when it started it was constant all the time.

I couldn't eat and lost alot of weight. There was anxeity involved caused by the symptoms. I've learned to try and manage the anxiety. Deep breathing exercises, trying to eat right, i cut out caffine, all but green tea, and a little dark chocolate now and again, and i added magneisum to my supplements.
    This dosen't mean my symptoms have gone away, but my anxiety is less and so are the palpitations. I try not to let it ruin my whole day now. My worst ones are in the middle of the night.
    Please don't read me wrong here. I'm NoT saying anxiety is causing this. I saying this causes us anxiety, however, the two can feed off each other. The more symptoms the more anxeity, the more anxiety the more heart palpitations.

Oh- i've also been using organic apple cider vinegar in hot water with honey. I don't know if it helps, but it makes me feel like i'm doing something good for my body. It's suppose to be full of potassium.

I also rely on my relationship with God to help me have peace about suddenly dieing from this.

If i'm making it sound easy, it's not. Its been a very big challenge for me to get thur. It's just that it's not happening as often now as when it first started.

I hope you feel better soon. I hope this rambling helps, if you want to ask me questions, to compare. I'm here, take care of that baby.
    Please disregard my poor spelling.[This Message was Edited on 02/09/2006]
  8. morningsonshine

9. morningsonshine

hope you are feeling better
  10. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

You seem so "up" on right foods etc. I think the sudafed may pass to greast milk too.

Maybe there is some nutrient you are missing as don't you follow a very stringent diet plan, health plan. Could any of the remedies you use be causing the drop in BP?

It sounds very off. Are you sure docs BP machine is working accurately. Most aren't.

Love Anne
  11. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

When the health reports first came of recommending 8 glasses a day, the next sentence read, of course, MUCH of this will come from the water content of out daily foods.

As I know you eat a lot of high water volume foods from past postings, maybe you are drowning in too much liquid, this can affect absorbtion, and cause low BP.

Love Anne