Update on my hi calcuim protocol

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kar1953, May 18, 2003.

1. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

Hi all! I just thought I'd post an update on how I'm doing with the hi calcium protocol. I think I was herxing on Friday evening & all day Sat. Today I felt great when I woke up other than my usual back ache.

I started taking 1 oz./day on this past Wed. Yesterday I took 1 1/2 oz. & today 2 oz. There is a lot of Mag. in the stuff so I must take it with food in my stomach or it will give you the scoots. Tusts me - it's true! LOL I had to prove they were right!:)

The calcium is supposed to get my body back to it's proper PH balance. Wed. when I checked, the litmus paper read 6.0 & today it read just under 7!!! This makes me very happy. I'm getting very tired of drinking lemon water & I've all but given up my tea which was the hardest thing I've ever done!!

The 32oz. bottle was quite expensive ($40.00) BUT - once I am very alkaline I can quit taking it & just take the liquid nutrients called Body Balance ($20/32oz.). I am currently taking both. I am to take 2 oz. of Body Balance for 1 month & then cut back to 1 oz./day.

Eventually, this protocol is supposed to reverse the symptoms of fms.(or any other disease). If I quite taking the Body Balance, the symptoms will come back.

I saw a program today that stated that if your body is deficient in calcium, it will cause sleep problems. Last night I slept for 6 1/2 hrs. straight through WITHOUT taking my sleep med.! jCan't remember the last time that happened.

I haven't been this excited about anything in a long while & it feels so good to have such hope for a better tomorrow.

Sorry this was such a long post, but I really hadn't noticed anything different until Fri. evening.

I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Take care........Kathi
  2. granmakitty12

granmakitty12 New Member

and wanted to wish you good luck with your endeavor to get well. Have a good week!! Granmakitty12
  3. baybe

baybe New Member

I'm glad I read your post, I just finished reading I think it was either in Goldstein's piece or St. Armand's about the breaking down of calcium that is overabundant. So I'm wondering does this mean I shouldn't be taking calcium or do I take calcium and then something else so it doesn't , for a better word "glom" on to me?
  4. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

Baybe, I'm not sure what you mean by breaking down overabundant calcium. Here's what I've been told about it. In pill form our bodies only absorb about 10%. In liquid form our bodies absorb about 98% give or take a few persents. So maybe what you were reading was telling you how to break down the calcium you aren't absorbing if you are taking pill form?? I don't know. I just thought our bodies expelled it in one form or another.

I just know I'm going to stick with it at least 6 months to give it a fair shot. Our bodies did not get in this shape overnight & it's not going to reverse overnight. Now comes the test of my patience!

Take care.......Kathi