Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by fairydust39, Sep 5, 2007.

1. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

Well things aren't good. They brought my husband back from Pitts. in a ambulance,to a local nursing home. Nothing more thay can do for him.
    He won't last long now. He isn't in any pain but uncomfortable just laying in the bed. His Cirrhosis is in the last stage,no hope unless God heals him.
    It is closer to home ,so much easier than driving 300+ miles per day alone,and being stone deaf! It was his dream for me to hear and I'm not sure he will be here to enjoy my new state of hearing !
    I'm am so heartsick,I can hardly function.
    I made his favorite dessert,Tapioca and will take it to the Nursing home today. He said he thinks he may be able to eat it.
    Please Pray for us.
    PS my activation of Cochlear Implant will be 9/11

Hugs Shirley
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I have no words to say, but know that I am praying for you and your husband. May God bless and keep you both.

I love tapioca, too, so I pray he will be able to enjoy the treat.

And you...may God cradle you in His arms and help you to do what needs to be done...

3. sisland

sisland New Member

Prayers going up for you and your Husband!,,,,,,,,,,Hugs!,,,,,,Sis
  4. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

I am truly sorry that you and your wonderful husband are going thru this terrible time right now, please know that you both are in my thoughts and daily prayers.

I am glad that your husband is not suffering....
    Good luck with the activation of your cochlear implant on Sunday.

Take care.

Love to all, Ann
    [This Message was Edited on 09/06/2007]
    [This Message was Edited on 09/06/2007]
  5. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

Sue,Sis,Ann,Mystic, I appreciate the Prayer and love coming from you all. Isn't it something that here we are and never met each other and STILL you are all sharing my
    sorrow with me. When friends and neighbors I know,I don't see or hear anything from them. God Bless you all and keep Al and I, in your Prayers.
    Love Shirley
  6. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I'm praying for you! I hope he can eat the tapioca!

Good luk and I know it is so very had!

Trust in Jesus!

7. boltchik

boltchik New Member

I just wanted you to know that I am praying for you and your husband in this very difficult time. My heart goes out to you both. I hope you have a lot of support from family and friends, and your church family. May God bring you both peace. Kim :)
  8. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

Linda,Kelleyann,and Kim.
    I worry about him so much and can't really do anything but be there for him. Also I will have to move b/c the Nursing Home will take all of his SS check and that leaves me with very little to live on. I have no idea where I can get something affordable. I'll have to get rid of most of my furniture,to downsize. OH my,what else can happen????
  9. boltchik

boltchik New Member

My husband and I will be taking care of my MIL very soon. There are senior living apts. that are much less expensive than a regular apt. (and they are really nice). Plus, they have planned activities. Do they have something like that in your area? I hope so. I know this is all very hard and we are all thinking of you and your husband. Kim :)
  10. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

They aren't taking care of him. The food is horrible and he can't eat it. I asked for pain meds. for 2 hours and they never did bring them. Finally I gave him alleve which the Dr in Pitts. told me he could have. I think we will have to move him someplace else.I'd just bring him home if I could take care of him. I have just cried out to God for him.
    He wanted Taco's and I took them --he ate 2 little bites. I made Tapioca and he did eat half of that. He's starving to death. I am worried sick about him!!
    I just can't stand there and watch him suffer.
    He is entirely helpless,he can't even feed himself! It takes 2 people to help him to his feet.
  11. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

he may need to move. You'll know what to do....it's so sad, watching a loved one suffer and not being able to help.

I'll be praying for you and your family. Good luck on the implant on 9/11.
    Take care,
  12. fivesue

fivesue New Member

It just isn't right how some places treat people who are so ill. I am glad you are there to fight for him.

I'll pray you find a good place for him very soon.

Tomorrow is your activation of the CI...hope all goes well.

My best to you and your dear husband. Hang in there.