Update on my sitcky work situation

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by StephieBee, Aug 4, 2006.

1. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

Well they confronted her.

She told them that I offered them to her! I cannot believe that! If I offered why would she sneak them and why would I report them missing?! It baffles me.

I totally understand that it is not her...it is the drugs talking and making her act this way. It really is such a shame.

This morning I asked God to give me the strength to get through the day. Lord knows how much anxiety and stress this situation has caused me.

Well the told her that she has the choice to get help or lose her job. She left early today, so we will see what happens.

I will keep you all updated when I find out anything else.

Thank you all for the support and prayers. I love you all!

Hugs,
    Stephanie
    [This Message was Edited on 08/04/2006]
  2. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Good for you for standing your ground and reporting this.

I hope your company offers drug/alcohol counseling and that she will take advantage of it.

Hugzz
    Greenbean

Stop and smell the puppies!
  3. day2day

day2day Member

That is horrible it happend to you, but the drugs are controling her.

You did the right thing by having them review your tape. In hindsight it is better they saw her on tape,that puts it out of your hands. It would have been harder on you if you had caught her red handed.

It sounds like your company is very supportive, that is a good thing.

day2day
  4. PVLady

PVLady New Member

She is very lucky she did not just get fired. There must be rules in the company handbook about grounds for getting fired. I would think stealing would qualify.

I don't know why anyone needs to deal with her. She deserved to be fired. No one, including you should be made uncomfortable by keeping her around.

This might sound harsh, but she can only be helped if she wants it. Even though she is ordered not to talk to you, it still is uncomfortable, and you did nothing.

I hope all turns out well. Sorry if I sound harsh, but I would expect to get fired if I was caught doing what she did.
  5. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

You did not sound harsh at all.

I actually am thinking of a few very bad words right now to describer her that I connot use on here.

If it were my company I would have fired her. The bottom line is that she stole!

If she does get help and comes back, I will make sure to tell management If I feel uncomfortable in anyway. I did nothing wrong....she did.

But, unfortunatly, I do not think she wants help. She is in denial and she does not think she has a problem. Its really tough.

I will be strong and get through this.
  6. PVLady

PVLady New Member

To be honest, your company is leaving themselves open to be sued by other employees for "employment practices liability" for allowing a known thief and drug abuser to continue working with you.

You are forced to be exposed to working with a pretty bad person. She should be fired. Why should you, and anyone else suffer emotionally by her continued presence?

If the company was located in California I think she would be gone.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/05/2006]