Update on My Son's back and Mom Passing

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mlp1954, Jun 25, 2006.

1. mlp1954

mlp1954 New Member

I have not been on for awhile. Trying to get back to a routine since my Mom passed in April. You were all so kind to me and I appreciate it more than I can say here. We are coping ok.

My son who I told you about with the bad back (he's only 23) is having surgery tomorrow. Please keep him in your thoughts. We are hoping this will relieve his pain. It is a procedure called an IDET (Intradiscal Electrothermal Annuloplasty). They go in and burn out the bad disc, so it shrinks and relieves pressure on the nerve causing the pain.

Some of you had asked how he was doing, and I wanted to update you. I will let you know how he does.

Thanks again for caring so much.

Pattie
  2. Jordane

Jordane New Member

Hi Pattie,
    Glad to hear you are doing allright.It is very hard,losing your mom, and as much as we are told,* time will lessen the hurt*.It is true,times makes it hurt a little less,but the missing her,never does.

Hope and pray that your son does well with the surgery.Such a young man to have to go thru this. Keep us in tune with how he does,and how you are doing.

Take Care!!
    hugzz, Jordane
  3. optimistic1

optimistic1 New Member

and your son's back surgery. These 2 things are such huge ones to contend with.

I hope that as time passes the loss of your Mother will get a little easier. Its so difficult right now.

I agree, your poor son is much too young to have these terrible back problems. He will be in my prayers for a most successful and speedy recovery. I hope you will keep us posted.

Best wishes to you and good luck too,

Arlene
  4. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Thoughts and prayers sent up for you and your son. I lost my dad about 6 years ago so I know how hard it is to loss a parent. The grief has pretty much gone away but I still miss him especially on holidays and birthdays.

Good luck to your son on his surgery.
  5. tonakay

tonakay New Member

I have a friend who was going to have an IDET done but her insurance wouldn't approve the cost. I have heard good things about this procedure so let me know how it goes for your son.

Just had a second cousin buried at West Rushville Cememtery last week and thought of you. Hope you are doing well Pattie and check in when you can.

Hugz,
    Tona
  6. tonakay

tonakay New Member

Hoping all went well and you can update us soon!

Hugz,
    Tona