Update on my son's pneumonia

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by pepper, Mar 7, 2007.

1. pepper

pepper New Member

I posted a week or so ago asking for prayers for my son, David. He had pneumonia and was not healing very well. He is scheduled to leave on March 13 to play hockey for Canada in Europe.

I spoke to him today and he says that he is functioning at about 70%, well enough to go to Europe but not well enough to play the way he would like to play.

He and I are both thankful for all your prayers. We are certain that they are helping.

He leaves a week from today and I am asking for more prayers.
    1) that David experiences further healing from his pneumonia, regaining more strength and lung function and
    2) that he does not succumb to anything in the toxic environment in his office; he has to go back to work tomorrow and I am praying that God puts a protective shield around him. God can do anything.

Thank you so much to all who prayed. Even four days ago it was doubtful that he would be able to go and, being the goalie, he was feeling that he would be letting his team down.

Please keep praying. The power of the prayers on this board is awesome!
    Love, Pepper
  2. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Prayers for David, that he gains strength and can both play and win. He has youth on his side.
  3. pepper

pepper New Member

for continuing to pray for David. I tried to convince him to stay home from work but he is afraid of losing his job. The air in that office is so toxic that no one should be working there, let alone someone whose immune system is down. But he is young and afraid of being fired.

I had a good talk with him and convinced him to get pro-active when he comes home from Europe and get their office moved. There are toxic fumes going through that building all day long. On top of that, they are going to start removing asbestos in the building! That freaked everybody out because even people who know nothing about the toxicity of diesel fumes, antifreeze fumes, carbon monoxide, etc. (that floats through their office every day!) know that breathing in asbestos is not a good thing.

So I hope he takes a leadership role in this when he gets back. Maybe that will be some good out of the bad.

Love, Pepper
  4. 143alan

143alan New Member

Sorry it took me some time to respond. I am so grateful to God that David is doing so much better. I will be praying for his health to continue to improve and that he has a safe trip to and from Europe and that his team will win the game. Hey! might as well go big ya know.

Maybe David can use his recent illness as a springboard to change in the office where he works. I know he's uncertain about things being young and not wanting to lose his job. I go through the same problem at work before I left to have surgery. Our office problems are the people, not the building. We have co-workers who seem to take a bath in strong perfume and it sets off my asthma daily which makes me exhausted. I've very nicely said something to them on a couple of occasions and because they are the type of people that they are, they wore more the next day. One also smokes and stands right outside the back door which is next to my cube and will even blow the smoke back in the building. It's a government office and she is suppose to stand 50 feet away from the building but she doesn't, she props up against the thing. Now I understand smokers, up until 2 years ago I was one. However, even when I did smoke I respected people who didn't and never smoked around a non-smoker or did anything that would offend them or violate the air they were trying to breathe. I wouldn't even smoke in a restuarant in the smoking section. I've learned though that some people have no respect for anyone else and that's how it is in my office. Our area manager refuses to say anything to address the problem.

I wish him luck with his pursuit for a safe workplace. Thanks for letting us know how David is doing.

Nancy
  5. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

My son often says the squeeky wheel gets the oil. If your son gets no action within the guidelines of his superiors, then take it to the local tv station. They love sinking their teeth in stories like this. Nobody should be working in a situation with mold, or asbestos removal.
  6. pepper

pepper New Member

David is still at about 70% but is happy to be going to Europe to play for his country. He has to play 7 games in 7 days so has to have a lot of stamina. Each game is 3 hours and he has never played a 3 hour game before. All prayers are welcome!

He is very afraid to lose his job. My hubby used to work in the media so we know exactly who to call but he is hesitant without the support of his co-workers. Now that asbestos is being removed, I think that the co-workers will be with him. Perhaps this will all be a springboard to improving their workplace. I hope so.

Thank you for praying.
    Love, Pepper
  7. 143alan

143alan New Member

I will continue to pray that David will have the stamina he needs to make it through such a tough week. I also pray he has a safe trip to and from Europe.

Let us know how he's doing!
    Take Care
    Nancy
  8. pepper

pepper New Member

I will certainly keep you updated. He is so excited about being able to go on this trip. He is like a little kid. I am so grateful that he is well enough to go.

I appreciate your prayers!
    Love, Pepper
  9. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I am amazed that David is going to go to Europe. Of course I have been praying for him a lot so why should I be amazed. LOL

I hope he has a wonderful time. What an opportunity!
    I will write more later. I turned my alarm off and didn't wake up until 11:30. No church today. Lots of pain. Take care.

Love,
    Nancy

10. pepper

pepper New Member

I re-read one of my posts from a couple of weeks ago and I said that it would take a miracle for him to be able to go to Europe. And he is going! So what does that say about the power of your prayers? :)

He is still coughing and doesn't have a lot of stamina but is very excited. He has been healthy all his life so I am hoping that he can bounce back and have a good time, even if he can't play as well as he would like. They get to stay in a 5 star hotel for free so he is really looking forward to that.

I am not surprised that you are in so much pain, Nancy, with all that you are going through and not being able to do what will help you. How frustrated you must be!

In another post I read today I noticed that you referred to getting help with writing your letter of appeal on the main board. I will look for that when I have the energy.

I have a corporate lawyer friend who helped me with all my disability claims. She had applied for hers 2 yrs before me because she too suffers from severe CFS/FM and had to give up her practice at a very young age. I got my CPP on the first try but had to fight for my LTD.

But she taught me well and I have helped many people on this board and elsewhere get their disability claims approved as a "Pay It Forward". Letters regarding coverage of treatments require somewhat different wording. If you have any particular questions, I would be happy to ask my friend. We talk every day.

Praying that you feel better tomorrow. Our schools are off for March Break for a week. Are you on holiday too? I hope that you have the energy to work on that letter.

Love, Judy