Update on my Spinning Head...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Meekah, Aug 27, 2005.

1. Meekah

Meekah New Member

Hi Everyone,

Just an update on my dizzines. I went for accupuncture Thursday and it helped sooooo much.

I'm leaving for Maine Tuesday for a week so my naturaupath wants to do another treatment Monday just to be sure.

I've suffered with dizziness for so long, as I've mentionned in my other post and accupuncture is the only thing I've come accross that works for me.

I had been practicly dizziness free for the last few months since starting accupuncture but when I helped my friend strip her kitchen floor it came back...with a vengence(sp?)

I thought it was from being on my hands and knees so long and having my head down but my NP seems to think it could be due to the stuff that we were stripping. (glue, material, etc.) As one of you mentionned in my other post, it could have to do with smells, I had never made a connection to that before now. Sometimes it has to hit me like Mack truck before I "get it" lol. I'm slow, I guess.

Anyway, I just wanted to thank you sooooo much and from the bottom of my heart for being there for me and for all the prayers and great advice you gave me. I'm so thankful I have this place to come to.

Hugs and Prayers
    Meekah
    xo
  2. kac1960

kac1960 New Member

I'm so glad to hear the accupuncture helped your dizziness, I have that problem also , might give it a try. It's nice to hear that something has helped one of us fm suffers!

Oh Happy Day Kathy
  3. Leenerbups

Leenerbups New Member

It must be such a relief. I get dizzy like that too, so I understand.

I have been meaning to go to an accupuncturist, but there are about 6 around here and I want to make sure I go to the best one, as it is expensive for me.

How did you find yours and how do I find a good one??
  4. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

So happy that the acupuncture works for you. :) Hope you have a nice and safe trip to Maine.

Glad to know you are feeling better. Take care!

Hugs,
    Faye
  5. Meekah

Meekah New Member

Yes, it is a big relief to have something that helps.
    I'm in Nova Scotia and I come from a very small town, so our ressources(sp?) are somewhat limited. THere are a few people who do accupuncture but my DH's aunt had been to the one I am seeing and she really liked her.

She is from Germany and has been living in NS for a few years. She has every certificate possible on her walls. You can tell she rally believes in what she does. SHe worked in a medical lab for 20 yrs. before starting this. SHe said she saw too many people suffer needlessly because of the medical system.

The cost is 45$ a treatment and 50$ for a NAET treatment but she only charges me 50$ for both treatments. She is so kind and has seen a huge improvement in me since starting my treatments. WhenI first walked in her office I was ready to give up and I was very down. She was the first person in 10 years that actually said "I can help you" I hung on to those words for dear life ever since!

I am certainly not 100% but, heck, I'm improved and I will take any improvement.

I really hope you all will find something that will help you.

Hugs and Prayers
    Meekah
  6. Leenerbups

Leenerbups New Member

Here in central NJ it is $180 for the first visit and $80 for each visit thereafter. :-(

Would you mind asking your therapist how does someone go about finding someone really good, like the person you have? :)
  7. Meekah

Meekah New Member

I'd be happy to do that for ya, Sweetie.

My next appointment is Monday, so I'll let you know MOnday night what she say, ok.

I can't believe how expensive it is over there!!! Wow, that's really not fair! Maybe she knows of some kind of website or directory or something. I know she travels to the States for courses sometimes so hopefully she'll have advice.

You could always come by for a visit and I'll take you to her...lol.

Hugs and Prayers
    Meekah
  8. Leenerbups

Leenerbups New Member

I appreciate that, thank you!

I know, it's crazy what they charge here. With those prices I could not go as often as they probably would need me to go.

There are so many wealthy people living in NJ (NJ and CA wealthiest states in the entire USA), that those who us who are'nt really suffer with taxes, rent, health care prices, etc. Holistic therapists charge that kind of money because they know there are people who will pay for it. A one hour massage here is about $80.

Healing should be for everyone, not just the wealthy.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/27/2005]
  9. Meekah

Meekah New Member

It 's not fair that the poeple with money get to feel better because they can "afford it"

Wow, it's expensive for a massage too. Here it's from 40 to 50$ for an hour massage. It's the same service...why can some people charge so much more?

Hugs and Prayers
    Meekah