Update on my SSD

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TeresaBnGA, Oct 10, 2002.

1. TeresaBnGA

TeresaBnGA New Member

Hi all!
    Thought I would post an update on how my disability application is going. I had my visit with the SSD psychiatrist on Oct. 3. I was so nervous when I went because I have heard some of the horror stories of rude and uncaring doctors. But by the grace of God mine went well! So now I have had both exams for SSD and both doctors were really nice!
    My adjudicator says now it will be 5 or 6 more weeks and I should receive a decision. Seems like it has taken forever even though it has only been since April 2002!
    The psych said that he is involved in pain management and that he is working with a lot of fibro patients and he really is sympathetic to their pain and frustration. He told me that if for some reason I should get denied for me to keep fighting and not give up! Hope this information will help some waiting to go to these exams. Anyone have any questions feel free to ask me, I will try and help.
    Soft hugs!
    Teresa :)
  2. TeresaBnGA

TeresaBnGA New Member

Hi all!
    Thought I would post an update on how my disability application is going. I had my visit with the SSD psychiatrist on Oct. 3. I was so nervous when I went because I have heard some of the horror stories of rude and uncaring doctors. But by the grace of God mine went well! So now I have had both exams for SSD and both doctors were really nice!
    My adjudicator says now it will be 5 or 6 more weeks and I should receive a decision. Seems like it has taken forever even though it has only been since April 2002!
    The psych said that he is involved in pain management and that he is working with a lot of fibro patients and he really is sympathetic to their pain and frustration. He told me that if for some reason I should get denied for me to keep fighting and not give up! Hope this information will help some waiting to go to these exams. Anyone have any questions feel free to ask me, I will try and help.
    Soft hugs!
  3. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

Hi Teresa,
    Thanks for letting us know. There are a bunch of us lurking somewhere in the black hole of pending SSD claims. It sounds like more & more of us are getting it without years of fighting. Each time someone gets it, it will be easier for those of us who follow. Good luck, & keep us posted.
    Kathryn
  4. lizi

lizi New Member

Thanks for posting this, it gives me the knowledge that others are going through the same process. I am waiting on a hearing date from the judge. I was turned down my first two times. I can only pray for a positive outcome, but it really helps me to hear of others and their experiences. Thanks!
  5. debrastets

debrastets New Member

Took me a year!Got approved 9-12 and it was alot of waiting and to much paper work ! My checks start in nov. I still cant believe the long wait and fight is over for me!!!! I was truned dont twice and had a hearing date but the alj approved me without a hearing! Fight it and dont give up ! good luck! DEB
  6. fp3657@aol.com

fp3657@aol.com New Member

the ssd phsyc that i had to see ... well for starters he was 1/2 hour late (thank god i sat and waited) then i was in w/him for not even 5 min.. asked his few quiestions.. and out i went.. the same w/the d.o. doctor that they sent me to... i herd they dont get paid much money from ssd-- so why would they care about use!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. TeresaBnGA

TeresaBnGA New Member

I will keep you all updated-Good luck to all of us!

Soft hugs!