Update on my SSDI

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ForeverFlaring, Apr 11, 2003.

1. ForeverFlaring

ForeverFlaring New Member

I filed for reconsideration after a denial in March. I got the ADL worksheet and filled it out. I included a letter from my husband and a letter from myself.

I called today to make sure my caseworker got it all. My caseworker was gone for the day but I did speak with someone else. She told me that yes in fact everything had come in. I am also scheduled to go see two of their doctors but she said I would get all that info in the mail.

I am pretty impressed actually. I never expected that the reconsideration phase would go this quickly. Last time they never sent me any kind of letter saying I needed to see their docs etc. Is this a good sign or am I being too optimistic here?

Please tell me it's a good sign! :)
  2. joannie1

joannie1 New Member

I hope that this time things go better for you and it goes quickly. There has been quite a few approvals lately I have noticed on the board so let's keep our fingers crossed for everyone in hopes that they are being more understanding and more knowledgeable about out DD.
    I wish you the best of luck, keep us updated okay. I have been fighting it forever and can't give up.
    Take care,
    Joannie
  3. ForeverFlaring

ForeverFlaring New Member

I saw several pages back that you went to the SSA docs. My appts are for the 28th and 29th. You were very informative on how things went and I appreciate it. Have you heard anything yet?
  4. leokat

leokat New Member

I live in the UK and don't understand the US regs but at least they're taking you seriouly.

Hopefully it will all come out right.

Let us know.
    leo
  5. joannie1

joannie1 New Member

I am still waiting to hear what their decision is. However this is my second go around with disability actually. This time they have been very very thorough with my claim. I contacted them personally ans spoke with my claims guy who said that my claim was being worked on and that everything was being reviewed by their Docotr's now. Once you go see their Doc's and all your reports are in they then send them over to have them look through for their opinion on the disability. He said that I would hear a decision no later then the middle of May. I am very hopeful with the claim this time because last time they did not do any of the at length stuff they are doing this time around. I told the lady when I aplied again point blank on the phone that I had been through it all before. I had attempted many times to return to work and fighting all this gives me strength to just keep fighting them too however long it takes what choice do we have right? She told me that actually it is a plus with the duration of the claim due to the factit is showing I am worsening and not improving.
    We we will all keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best for all of us. I think you seeing their Doc's is a good thing. Be honest and tell all that is the only thing one can do.
    Take care okay.
    Joannie