update on my taking HGH

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tilla, Mar 21, 2008.

1. tilla

tilla New Member

I haven't written on this Board for over a year but wanted to let you all know that I don't have any pain at all. I really did not know why but have tried everything. I do give myself a shot of HGH every day. It is really expensive, but luckily, we can afford for me to buy it. I have found that using just a small amount seems to work just as well as when I was using more. I then thought maybe that was not the reason I felt better, so I stopped completly taking it. After a couple of weeks I noticed the pains starting coming back, especially in my hips. I could not stand to dance one dance with my husband and we like to dance. I went back on the shots and the pains have gone. So I am totally convinced that is what has helped me.

I have been taking HGH since 2002. I had a very low IGF and my doctor suggested I try it. It took a few years for it to actually start helping me. When you start HGH you get worse FM symptoms as it causes joint pain unless you increase the dosage a small amount at a time.

Anyway, hope I have helped someone in some way.

Take care.

2. munch1958

munch1958 Member

I flunked a stim test which my insurance company made me do. My copay is $40 for two 10 ml Nordiflex pens per month.

I can't believe how much better I feel on HGH. I know it's that because of what happened when I stopped taking it for the stim test.
  3. MrSandman

MrSandman New Member

My doctor just prescribed HGH for me yesterday. He gave me the first injection to teach me how and, today, I gave myself my first injection. Both times, I noticed a miled "rush," (which feels great,) a short time later that seems to last for quite a while. My doctor said it takes about two weeks before I begin to feel anything. Aren't CFS patients supposed to be rather sensitive to medications? Perhaps this explains "the rush."

I looked up the brand on my insurance company's website and it's covered! It does indicate though, that "prior authorization" is required. This usually means they need a letter from the doctor. I just hope the letter doesn't have to be from an endocrinologist, one who's done blood work and has determined I'm deficient in HGH. I say this because of things I've read elsewhere in this forum. But if this stuff significantly helps the CFS, I won't mind paying for it anyway.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/29/2008]
  4. pawprints

pawprints New Member

I tried it but had increased joint pain and swelling. What dose did you start at and how long till the initial worsening went away?

Glad you found something to help you dance again!
  5. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

I have had a melanoma, and my oncologists at M. D. Anderson nearly fainted and fell off their stools, and then had a fit when I mentioned that my HGH was so low.

They pointed out to me that the low HGH may be the reason I am alive, after having had a melanoma, and that HGH stimulates cancers SO DON'T EVEN MENTION IT TO THEM, NO WAY, NO HOW, NO HGH.

Since I am still silly enough to actually want to live a little longer, I agreed with them.

If you can take it, get it, and get it paid for I am pleased for you.