Update on Post About Strep-B Infection - Oh no!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TerriM, Apr 8, 2003.

1. TerriM

TerriM New Member

I just tried the pediatric dose of ampicillin they gave me for this infection . . . boy am I in trouble now. I am having a bad reaction to this drug too. histamine release, numb arms & legs, chills, shortness of breath, dizziness (more than usual) heart palpitations . . . you name it! I have had so many bad drug reactions its unbelievable! I'm so hypersensitive that no matter what drug I take it is like an overdose. I don't know what to do now. I have been douching with vinegar and water, but I don't know if it kills the strep-B just knocks it back . . . here are some ideas I'm running through . . . (For other vaginosis issues I have had reactions to Diflucan, prescription yeast medications, Metrogel, even Boric Acid capsules) . . .

1. Keep using the vinegar and water douche, but add probiotics afterwards??

2. Try garlic (I've read about this)

3. Grapefruit Seed extract . . .someone here had mentioned this works for them . . .

Help! Any ideas? I've read a couple of articles and books by people who have recovered from CFS . . . the ones who were very hypersensitive ended up saying they had to stay completely away from drugs to get better . . . I feel like I'm heading that way! Waiting for my Mycoplasma PCR results . . . if I have one of them I may not be able to take Doxy either! Will wait for that judgement 'til later :) Love, Terri
  2. Bambi

Bambi New Member

on Strep B on their site. You might look there. I hope you find something!
    Hugs, Bambi