Update on results of neurofeedback.........

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by caroleye, Jul 7, 2006.

1. caroleye

caroleye New Member

A few people are interested in this as it's so new. Our goal right now is to get my serotonin "up", so I can sleep better. Only had a few sessions, since I can only do a second at a time (canary here).

Last night I slept from 8PM - 3:30AM; no wakeups!! Amazing for me.

And I just found out there was a new book released in May; first one I've seen that explains this method:

The Healing Power of Neurofeedback

I just ordered it from Amazon. Can't wait to get it, as it's the same approach I've been on.

LIGHT*********carole
  2. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Biofeedback has been successfully used for mostly ADD kids for many years.

Neurofeedback is the latest out, and it's different in its method, but works on the goal of balancing our chemistry.

The book is the one I'm doing. I started months ago to relieve severe suicidal depression; that's gone. It also gave me more motivation, interest & a little more energy.

For sleep, most practitioners will go for the C3/C4 sites.

I had to get educated before I started getting results, as this is so new to everyone.

Good luck..........LIGHT************carole
  3. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Also, I've had to reduce my thyroid meds from 90Mg down to 45mg as my body was taking over its natural rhythm.

Another sign of improvement.

'c'
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

How are you doing with the neurofeedback? Noticed you haven't been around for a few weeks or updated on the neurofeedback since this post... hope you are doing well and are able to do more, and that's the reason you haven't been around!

I just posted an article about neurofeedback, it had a link to a recent journal article about CFIDS/FM and also other diseases...

it was interesting as one of my main questions was why neurofeedback seemed to help those with CF/FM but had to be an ongoing weekly or biweekly session in order to maintain gains.

The conclusion seemed to be that if there was an ongoing infection of some sort, that is why there would have to be ongoing treatment.

Just curious as to how you're doing and if you are doing very regular sessions or what you've been told to expect?

Thanks!

all the best,
    Victoria

5. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

There is a really good practitioner in Portland - if you are close enough I can look up her name for you.

I have been interested in trying this also but it's spendy.

Gretchen
  6. victoria

victoria New Member

for others, and hoping Carole responds...

Victoria