UPDATE ON SICKNESS

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by bandwoman, Mar 28, 2007.

1. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

Thank you all for you prayers. I ended up going to a walk in clinic instead of going to the ER. I was just too sick to wait it out at the hospital.

I still had to wait but they gave me a room to lay down. I was hoping for an IV. I had this many years ago and that really helped. I was disappointed when the doc said he didn't think I was dehydrated so therefore no IV.

He gave me some meds for the nausea and diarrhea. I got some Gatorade and still had trouble keeping that down.

It is Wed. morning around 10 am and I still feel horrible. He said there was a virus going around and that I should feel much better today.

I wish I oould believe that. LOL When I have had this before it took me quite a long time to feel 100%.

I would appreciate your prayers. I wanted to sleep and eat during this vacation. I guess one of those things is coming true. LOL

Thanks again for all of your prayers and support and suggestions. I think I will stay on liquids only at this point. I wanted to lose some weight also. I guess this is the fastest weight loss program I have ever been on!

Love

Nancy
  2. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Being sick is a lousy way to lose weight. Think of it as the good part, you didn't have to waste sick days on real sick days. Lousy vacation though.

I swear anything we get takes twice as long to improve, so just do baby steps. Sleep and liquids. Crazy, but sometimes when I am sick a couple pretzels help, like the salt settles my stomach. I think that is just me, my own crazy body, but you may try it. Maybe that is why people say to eat saltines.

hugs for you..
  3. caffey

caffey New Member

Love ya and praying for you. Praying you will be able to enjoy some of your holiday.
    Love ya
    Cath
  4. kgangel

kgangel New Member

Dearest Bandwoman

I have been keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. I am unable to come here much as I have a support group on line that has been taking up my time. I too have been in more pain and it is making it hard for me.

I am truly sorry about all you are going through. I am glad you got some relief, but I will be praying for much better days ahead for you

God Bless you

Hugs

kgangel
  5. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

hope your feeling better,
    I eat chicken noddle soup, or just sip at it, it seems to settle my tummy,also my Old Dr from yrs ago,OH HOW I WISH HE WAS STILL HERE. SAID TO EAT SALTY THINGS,
    blessings Dear.sixtyslady
  6. pepper

pepper New Member

The walk-in clinic was probably the smartest thing to do since there are so many bugs in the hospital these days. Too bad you didn't get an IV since that might have helped.

I'm with Asa. People with our problems do not get over these things quickly so if you don't, you probably shouldn't worry.

Can you keep down ginger ale or ginger tea? I find that helps. I think that salty carbs do help too.

Good luck, Nancy.
    Love, Judy
  7. 143alan

143alan New Member

Nancy, I'm glad you are feeling some better and that you went to the Doc-in-a-Box. Please get plenty of rest and fluids. I used this stuff called Emergen-C that helped me last year when I had this stuff. It's mega doses of Vitamin C and minerals that you pour in water or anything and drink. It comes in different flavors. I box has several packets in it and cost around $6-$7.00.

I'm praying for you. How is Mindy feeling, is she still doing better? How is your sister's cat?

Love Ya
    Nancy
  8. pepper

pepper New Member

I just had to tell you that I laughed out loud at the Doc-in-a Box!! That is the funniest thing I have heard in a long time. It gives a perfect image!

Thanks for the laugh.
    Love, Pepper

9. 143alan

143alan New Member

Hahahaha! I'm glad you like the Doc-in-a-Box. Years ago where I use to like in NC we had 8 in a 1 mile radius and my co-worker said it and was the first time I had heard it. It was one of those things that hit me just right and I laughed so hard I almost peed my pants so I have used it ever since because it just seems to be so true.

Not to be disrespectful, the best doctor I've ever seen was one of those 8 Doc-in-a-Box.

Nancy