Update on Sons surgery thanks all Tonakay Hanginthere

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mlp1954, Jul 1, 2006.

1. mlp1954

mlp1954 New Member

Hi all, thanks for the kind words and concern. My sons surgery went well. He came home the same day. He is still very sore from the procedure.

We will not know if it "worked" or not for a few weeks at least. I guess when they burn the disc out, it takes time for it to harden and shrivel up, then that hopefully takes the pressure off the nerve causing all the pain.

We are taking it one step at a time, and so far so good. He is still in a lot of pain. My heart breaks for him because for the past two years he has not been able to have fun and enjoy himself like a 21-23 yr old should.

Thanks again. Tonakay, thanks for thinking of me and West Rushville. We are coming down to see Mom on her birthday the week of July 17th. I want to visit that campground and Mt Pleasant. Been a long time. Thanks again to you all.
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I had missed your post about the surgery. I am glad all went well and that he recovers well.

Love Anne Cromwell
  3. tonakay

tonakay New Member

I've been watching for your update. The fairgrounds were busy last night with fireworks so the view from Mt. Pleasant would have been fantastic... Glad you're coming back down soon.

Keep me informed on your son's progress. I've often wondered if the IDET would have helped my friend or not so your info could be very helpful just as FYI for me. Best wishes to you and yours and prayers for your son!

Hugz,
    Tona
  4. mlp1954

mlp1954 New Member

Can you offer any advice on where to stay in Lancaster? Nice motel or hotel? Also can you tell me how far the Mt Pleasant is from the Methodist Campground? I dont know addresses or I would do a mapquest. We will only stay there one night, then go to Columbus a few days. My husband is an OSU grad and we love Columbus. Thanks again. Pattie
  5. tonakay

tonakay New Member

The campground is 2151 W. Fair Ave. Mt. Pleasant is located inside of Rising Park and it is on High St. You can Map Quest these. You have MAYBE 3-4 miles tops from one place to the other. There are several hotels out by the Mall on 33 to stay, I can think of the Hampton Inn, Amerihost and I think there is a Holiday Inn. Try a Map Quest and see what you get.

Lancaster is small so you sure won't get lost...LOL LOL
    Hugz,
    Tona
  6. hanna4175

hanna4175 New Member

everything went well for your son..im just a newbie here and read your update post..very happy all is well :eek:)

hanna