Update on thyroid

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by biddys2007, Nov 29, 2007.

1. biddys2007

biddys2007 New Member

Hi everyone: I went to Dr. Jones yesterday and I'am going to have surgery on Dec.11th. He told me that the nodule is hard,cold and 2.1centimeters and there is still a 15%chance of cancer but we are going in with postive thoughts and he will only have to take half of it out. I will spend one night in the hospital and he said if all goes ok I should start feeling better in about a week to 10 days. I could have waited until after the holidays but since I worry to much about things oh yeah and chicken out figured I better do it now. My hubby will be with me and our daughter,she only lives 5 minutes from the hospital so that is good and her job is about 10 minutes away. I appreciate all of your prayers,thoughts and encouraging words. I will keep in contact until the big day and then I will get my daughter to let everyone know what is going on if I'am not up to it. I really do appreciate everyone's concerns and input. Glad to have people so caring and understanding and know what you are going through. My family(husbands side) are really good too just live far away and his parents are elderly. Thxs everyone again for all your help and support. Hope the thyroid board gets going soon,I don't think we realize how many people have thyroid problems or even might have them and need to be checked. Talk to everyone later. Biddy
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

Hi Dear!
    I will keep you in my prayers! and i hope all goes well!,,,,,,,,,,,,Hugs!,,,Sis
  3. joyfully

joyfully New Member

From what I've heard, we aren't getting a separate thyroid board, instead we are getting a general health board.

I still wish they would eliminate the sinusitis message board and make that a thyroid board. There is so little activity on the sinus board that I doubt it would even be missed.

A general health message board is better than nothing. I hope in time that they see how much thyroid issues are discussed on whatever board they graciously give us.