Update on Tunguska Blast

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lvjesus, May 10, 2006.

1. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

My friend from church that also has fibromyalgia is using this and sold me some too. It is supposed to boost your immune system. It is a bit pricey ($50 for a 1 month supply) but of course worth it if it works.

I wondered if any of you have ever tried it and what your experiences are if you have.

Thanks,
    Sonya
    [This Message was Edited on 06/01/2006]
  2. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

It sounds very interesting. I am already taking schizandra (one of the ingredients) from Herbalife. It seems to be helping with my energy.

The ingredients in TB sound good. How does it taste? I might try this one.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

God Bless.
  3. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

It does not taste too bad. My friend said it tasted like grape juice, but I would not go that far. It has a bit of an aftertaste, but you can drink it alone.

Much better than coconut oil, which another friend was taking once and got me to try. It looked like Crisco, and although she assured me that it tasted fine, it was all I could do to get down the SPOONFUL that she gave me. YUCK!!!

LOL

Sonya
  4. kholmes

kholmes New Member

The name of the product made me laugh.

The "Tunguska blast" was a mysterious explosion in Tunguska, Siberia in 1909, caused, they think, by a meteor hitting earth. It devastated millions of acres of forest. Do a Wikipedia search on it. Very mysterious...

Kholmes
  5. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

and is so named. As a matter of fact, here is what the bottle says:

At the heart of the Tunguska River Valley, an oasis thrives with botanical richness. In the midst of an otherwise barren land, the thriving vegetation holds nature's secret to health and vitality.

After a mysterious even in 1908, this area flouished anew with super-charged plant life...etc.

The ingredients are:

Siberian ginseng (leaf, stem and root), Chinese magnolia seed, Manchurian thorn tree flower, Sargen't Viburnum leaf and berry, Licorice root, Maral root, Golden root flower, Mountain ash and Chaga root iin water and alcohol (hey, maybe it is the alcohol!! LOL)

You take one ounce daily. I just started so I can't say if it will make a difference in me or not, but I trust my friend who says she can tell a difference.

It is supposed to fortify the cells from the inside out. We will see, but I know that she has faithfully prayed for my illness and I have prayed for hers.

I will certainly report if and when I see how it does. I am just on day 3.

Love,
    Sonya
  6. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

7. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

8. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

I'm looking forward to your critique of this drink. Let us know if you feel it working, please!

God Bless.
  9. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

At first it gave me lots of energy. I thought, great! Then I began to suspect that it is just another stimulant (sp?). I think Ginko raises your blood pressure and am going to check out the ingredients on the web (if I EVER get time) and see for sure.

It does surpress my appetite (yea!) which is good for me and pep me up, but in the afternoon I start to come down and take the concentrated my friend gave me to try. But the last 2 days I have CRASHED big time around 5:30.

A few days it made me sweat alot too. Maybe this is just the herx reaction and I should give it some more time. My friend gave me a DVD to listen to, I just have not done it yet and she did say it takes about 3 months to work properly.

I just don't want to think it is "building my cell walls from inside" like she said it does and it be nothing more than another stimulant. Hubby said, "if it peps you up, who cares?" which is one argument from me too, but basically I don't want to take something that is just a false energy booster, I want something to strengthen my system.

I just don't think stimulants are good for you over the long haul. I know sometimes you have to do what you have to do, but I know you all know what I mean.

I got a boost from the Percocet too, but I won't take it for that - would NEVER consider that. I won't even take it for pain unless nothing else, including just toughing it out, works.

Love to everyone and I will update again if it starts to do something useful.

Sonya
  10. lvjesus

lvjesus Member