UPDATE : REALLY UNDER THE WEATHER...YUCK

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Butterfly_of_grace, Nov 6, 2006.

1. Butterfly_of_grace

Butterfly_of_grace New Member

Sorry I havent been on wishing everyone well. I try to every day but I have really been under the weather....One word describes it~~~~~~~
    YUCK!
    I feel so miserable. I wasnt feeling right last week.
    I started about 9 days ago feeling like I was beginning a Bladder infection but I get boughts of these and then rush to the Doctors and then find out my urine tests are negative and it subsides in like 3 or so days. SO now when I get boughts like these I ignore them becuase no one seems to have an answer as to why I get them.
    Well, now its been 9 days so I am concerned because its getting worse and Im in so much pain...I also think I have another Ovarian cyst which I get alot of and Im use to but usually the pain doesnt last this long.Those too I wait out becuase when I go to the Doc for those they take an ultra sound, send me on my way and check another ultrasound a month later...no treatment, just wait and see and make sure I dont rupture it so stay away from lifting heavy things and having "relations" with my spouce (LOL I LOVE how they put it that way LOL! I laugh every time they say that...why not say just dont have sex? LOL)
    Anyway, I have a pounding headache, Im so cold and I have had chills since last night (no fever though even though I feel like I have one)I feel like Im going to throw up and I have been running to the "potty" every ten minutes for days now...trying to drink cranberry juice, taking doeses of cranberry vitamins and drinking a ton of water like crazy and also taking those over the counter pills that help "numb" your urine to ease the discomfort. Im stubborn yes...I dont like going to the Docs if I dont have to thats for sure. The only other concern is that I am worried it may be perhaps another Kidney stone? I have a history of them but I usually get lower back pain....I dont have lower back pain (well today I feel a dull ache but nothing like the big stone I had a yr ago)...so who the heck knows. I have a history of adhesions they had to remove a few yrs back too could it be adhesions?????

Anyway, I made an appt with the OB/GYN....hopefully its something they can "fix" because I cant stand another night of painful peeing and all the lower abdominal pain I have and the stabbing feeling I have coming from my ovary.
    The weirdest thing is that I feel like I just had my c-section all over again and the last one was 9 yrs ago...THATS HOW BAD IT HURTS. I have been up in the middle of the night tossing and turning and feeling horrible pain and cramping...I feel so miserable and Im am sooooooooo pooped and crabby. My poor hubby. Hes so sweet and Im such a B**** because I feel so crappy.

wish me luck please...again, I am missing work today because I feel so crappy...please pray for a quick fix. By nightfall every night for the past few nights its been HELL and its been progressively getting worse.

SHEESH it cant be a simple sore throat right? Now I have to go get my personal spaced veiwed and I HATE that with a passion (you think after two kids it wouldnt bother me anymore...BUT IT DOES LOL)
    Thanks for letting me vent.

Have a good day everyone! HUGS!

[This Message was Edited on 11/06/2006]
  2. mindbender

mindbender New Member

I had such a big kidney stone one time that they had to call a contractor with a backhoe.
    not really.

I haven't had my personal space invaded since Normandy.

Ok, these are all lies

just hope you get better soon so I can get some compliments again.

Dan

[This Message was Edited on 11/07/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 11/07/2006]
  3. suz45

suz45 New Member

Sorry to hear you have been having such a rough go at it, Hopefully even though you have to endure another doctors appt you get back on the road to feeling less crappy.

Try not to worry about work, when your sick your sick....The venting is good for the soul.. We are here to support one and other.

Let us know how you are feeling....Sending positive healthy energy your way.

Soft hugs,

Suz45
  4. wish_to_be_healthy

wish_to_be_healthy New Member

Be easy with yourself...I hope the docs can give you something for that kind of pain!

I used to get what we thought were re-occuring UTI's...Now I remember a thread from a few weeks ago that someone was talking about this as a symptom of this disease...that nothing would come up from a urine test, but it would feel like a bad UTI.

I don't know if it is the same mechanism that is giving us pain in our skeletal muscles...the same pain that we get with IBS I believe the bladder is smooth muscle, too? May be wrong about that...

Or maybe we are having UTI's from Candida, so nothing shows on a urine test...no bacteria...maybe yeast?

Cranberry juice is good...pain killers would be good too, if your pain feels like it did with your C-section!

Suz

PS I love the ocean also...take a look at my profile ; )
  5. Butterfly_of_grace

I had an ultra sound done this afternoon after my Doc visit which was quite painful. I do not have a bladder infection at all. I have a LARGE Hemorrhagic Ovarian Cyst. I get cysts alot but they are usually only Follicular. I only have one ovary cuz when I was 18 I had a huge dermoid and it destroyed my ovary so they removed the cyst and the ovary (and my appendix). I have had problems since all my life and Im 39 now.
    Anyhoooooo...Doc wants me on hormones (Birth control pills) for two months ...if it doesnt respond to hormone treatment then come January I have to have surgery. I HATE birth control pills because I get B****y, bloated, crabby and I end up so nauseated and sick to my stomach from them...Im NOT happy but I guess I gotta give it a whirl...beats the alternative...SURGERY...God knows I have had enough of that in my life already.

Never-the-less, I got an answer but theres nothing I can do for the peeing every 10 minutes or the pain (well, other than pain killers which I cant do cuz I cant function on them).

I cant lift heavy onjects and well, poor hubby but unfortunately sex can make it twist and then it becomes a true emergency....we shall see how long he holds up for LOL...not for long thast for sure.

Pray I find some sort of relief. Im in ALOT of pain and discomfort everyone!

Thanks for your responses.

HUGS!
    Love you guys! Love this place! Im so lucky to be able to come here for some venting adn some compassion...thanks a bunch!
  6. elliespad

elliespad Member

If Urinary tests are negative, have you tried taking something for bladder spams? Either OTC or by RX? You can buy Uristat or Peridium. They sanitize and NUMB the bladder. If you are relieved of pain, then the problem is your bladder, something wrong there. If not, then it might be any number of things, but this is an easy fix (although temporary fix) for bladder pain.

If it's ovarian cyst, you will likely get relief one your period starts. Blessed relief. Both of these are frequent problems for me.

Hope you get this figured out soon.
  7. Butterfly_of_grace

Ellsie

Its not an infection, the tests were negative. I have a Hemorrhagic Cyst(blood filled) which is quit large so they will try birth control pills to shrink it. As far as the bladder spasms no one suggested anything. I wish that would at leats go away. But the pain is really aweful too! I usualy get follicular cysts which go away on their own. This is the first Hemorrhagic Cyst I ever had so Im hoping it will respond to hormones other wise its surgery time which Id like to avoid.

Thanks again everyone for your thoughts. HUGS