UPDATE: Son-in-Law's lesions on liver

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Nanie46, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Hi,

My Son-in-Law, Brent, had an appt today with a PA and Radiologist to discuss the lesions seen on his CT scan and to discuss doing a biopsy.

The Radiologist said that the lesions are visible on the CT scan done with contrast medium(dye), but not on the CT done without contrast. He also said he thinks that it would be very difficult to biopsy them because the lesions are very deep in the liver and it would be almost impossible to visualize them during the biopsy on a CT scan since they only show up with contrast medium...and the CT guided biopsies are done without contrast medium.

The Radiologist said he wanted to talk to the other MD's in his group since some of them are MRI experts. He thinks that a noninvasive test such as an MRI, nuclear med scan or a PET CT could be done to get a better picture of the lesions.

The Radiologist also said he thinks from looking at the lesions that they are benign, but they have to make sure.

They are also going to check with the hospital in Pittsburgh where my son-in-law had his cancer treatment at age 14 to see if he had any abdominal scans done then, that they could compare to.

It was an encouraging appt today, after a solid week of worrying about these lesions on his liver. He is not out of the woods yet, but we feel encouraged.

Thank you to all of you who have prayed for him. I would appreciate it if you could say another prayer that the Dr's can make a definitive diagnosis that the lesions are benign with another noninvasive scan.

He should hear something early next week about which test they want to do.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/05/2008]
    [This Message was Edited on 09/05/2008]
  2. poets

poets Member

Thanks for the update. I'll keep praying for all of you that things will continue to get better, and soon your son-in-law will be good as new.

Peace and Blessings,
    Meg
  3. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Hi,

Thanks to both of you for your prayers and kind words. I do appreciate it.
  4. lrning2cope

lrning2cope New Member

It sounds like great news. I am glad that they recommend a noninvasive scan as that will be so much less stressful. I am continuing to pray for the best news possible and that God keeps your whole family in His Loving care.

In His Grace,
    Holly
  5. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Thank you so very much for your continued prayers and good wishes. I appreciate it.
  6. kbak

kbak Member

I will pray that those lesions are not only benign but will disappear altogether.

Take care,
    kbak
  7. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Hi,

Thank you for praying for Brent. I appreciate you taking the time for someone you don't know.