UPDATE...SUES1 on Cancer Chemo treatments

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sues1, Oct 6, 2007.

1. sues1

sues1 New Member

Hi everyone......

I do peek in now and then. Admire pictures, clebrate good news, cry with all too. I just do not reply. So know that there is many that sends good vibes and Blessings.

I sadi I would let everyone know how Chemo compares to Fibro and CFIDS....Chemo is easier!!!! Chemo is not easy, but neither is what we have to contend with every day! I've
    had aches and pains (Dr. says that is from the bone marrow getting the treatment) and nausea etc.

I will start a new round with different chemicals in a couple of weeks. Dr. said that most hurt a lot from these ones. My husband cried for me. He said that I did not deserve that on top of all. But I said I will be okay, as long as you and everyone knows and understands if I bark or whine. LOL. That I have been in training for this for years.

Really -so far I am doing okay. Really. My biggest shock was the day I was brushing my hair and it kept coming out in clumps. I knew that was going to happen, but yet it bothered me a lot more than I thought it would. I am okay now with it. Supposed to start to grow back 2 or 3 weeks after last chemo treatment. I had fine hair and always had straight hair........so I have "put in an order" for thick curly or wavy hair! It is cooler right now with this warm weather!

Anyhow..........I was curious on how it would be for me. I hope the next rounds are good also.

I am not going to check email me when anyone replies to message. I might check in sometime to see if i do have responses.

Love to all of you.......cheering everyone on and I am sending Blessings to all. Love, Susan
  2. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

Well, you certainly are an inspiration!!! I'm sure that your message will inspire everyone to look at the bright side of whatever situation they may be in. You are such a teacher!

I'm sure it couldn't have been easy to deal with the hair loss. I don't think one can be prepared for that. I'm sure you know that many people DO find that their hair grows back in courser, thicker and sometimes wavier! This is not an easy way to accomplish that but, as far as I know, it is the only way.

Thank you for posting this evening and being such a light for everyone! What a gift you are!

Swift healing to you,

3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i met a lady that had breast cancer and did the chemo....lost her hair then it grew back thicker and curlier..she loved her new hair.

4. kellyann

kellyann New Member

wow! Chemo...that must be hard! I can only imagine. I have very fine straight hair too, so I know what you mean. I hope you do get thicker, wavy hair when it grows back! That would be nice! It might be worth it then!

Susan, I will be praying for you daily. I wish you a speedy recovery. I pray you have many, many painfree days ahead of you!

Please take it easy and take care of yourself! Jesus loves you and so do I!

Your Friend,
  5. ckball

ckball New Member

Glad to hear you are doing well considering everything.

When I had chemo in 1995 I lost only about 1/3 of my head hair and it stopped growing for a few months. My hair was always straight and did perms for years, then I cut my hair very short, like Jamie Lee Curtis sytle and wore it that way for about 10 years

A couple years ago I decided to let it grow out over the winter, much to my surprise it was wavy. There is more gray but I never had ANY wave or curl in my hair until after chemo, so don't give up hope.

They make really nice wigs too. Remember it is only hair, it does not define you and you will get threw this. The bonus is I don't have to shave my legs EVERYDAY like I use to, no hair in the arm pits at all and no bikni waxes needed either :) not that I would wear one but you know what I mean. Hang in there hugs and prayers to you and your family-Carla

6. jmq

jmq New Member

I was sooo happy to see your post. You know we have a special connection with you and Elaine. I have been praying for you since day one. Hope the 2nd round of chemo goes smoothly and you can get all this behind you.

I go back for my follow up mammogram in December and there isnt a day I do not think about it. Thank you for sharing your experiences and courage with us.

Give your hubby a big hug from all of us for taking such good care of you.

((((((((( healing hugs))))))))))))
  7. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Thank you for taking the time to pop in and update us all.

You are an inspiration to all of us, your attitude is just superb!

I hope the hair fairy hears your request for wavy/curly thick hair!!!

Sending my best warm wishes and soft hugs,

Nancy B
  8. sues1

sues1 New Member

I really expected to hear from JMQ and S-Elaine, so all responses over whelmed me. THANKS so much. All replies were uplifting and wonderful.

On what my husband has said to me...........my favorite was
    after the surgery and he said, "Now I can hold you even closer to me". How blessed I am.

I think it is important to know that we've had our ups and downs like everyone, or most everyone. But years together can make a special bond, if you work at it.

Only 16 weeks and my chemo will end! Then (I forget), I think 4 or 5 weeks of radiation.........but it is every day.
    Except for week ends and holiday. So I guess when they are open and there.........It is important that I am also.LOL.

Blessings to all......Love, Susan

OH- I am wearing wigs when out and about. They make me feel good. I just have to insert my Boob and put on my wig and I feel very good, and look good.

We have many jokes here, I refuse negatism here. DH hugged me earlier and said, I could just squeeze the stuffing out of you. I decided that I have a "bean bad" bra filler that I can insert in a special bra and have with regular ones. So when my youngest son is here.........he sould say that and I will have some of the filler loose and he can reach in and pull it out and say "Oh my gosh......I did," OR he could reach in and pull it out with his teeth.....spitting
    and laughing. I call it my bean bag, but it has stuffing like what we used for crafting. That way it can be adjusted to size easier. Will go for a different type in time.

Blessings again..........Susan
    [This Message was Edited on 10/09/2007]
    [This Message was Edited on 10/09/2007]
  9. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I'm glad you're keeping so positive and strong.

A friend of mine has just gone through months of chemo, lost all her hair, got a lovely wig and sometimes just wore a scarf. She's had her op and has remained positive throughout.

You can be really proud of yourself.

10. laceymae

laceymae New Member

I've just added you to my special list of heros...I have a friend that had breast cancer about 7 years ago...I seen her everyday and I just was so amazed at her attitude. She is such a dear person and she has taught me a lot about faith and patience.

Here is a big cheer for you and one for your hubby also. Maybe we could clone him...need more men like him around

Hugs and special prayers to you

11. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

Wow...you are an amazing person. I just have to say when I read this post I was so inspired. You have such a wonderful outlook on things and such a great positive attitude. To have something like this happen on top of what you are already dealing with must be so hard but you are keeping such a great spirit. Also glad that you have such a wonderful husband to help you though all this.

Take Care!