Update with some 'good news'...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Suzan, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Suzan

Suzan New Member

Well, 2 more days in this house..and on Saturday I leave..many mixed feelings about that...but I am trying to stay focussed on what I have to do...and trying HARD to stay positive.

The last piece of the puzzle I have been working on is seemingly falling into place even better than I could have hoped for. I heard from my son last night, Dh told my daughter he is coming to WI this weekend for his family picnic..he just wasn't sure what day he was leaving. What that means for me...is I will be able to move on Saturday..without dh even knowing that I am leaving! Amazing turn of events.

Everything is lined up..my middle son is driving down with 2 friends, who are SO happy to help me do this. My truck is in the repair shop..getting 'refurbished' so that it will be all in good running order. I will pick that up today. My atty. has advised me to keep all this to myself...and just to leave without letting dh know..eliminating any chance of distress for me with him.

IF Dh leaves on Friday..which I am thinking is likely..I can finish the packing stuff...and be ready to get loaded up on Saturday a.m. I keep imagining driving away...and what sort of feelings I may have to deal with..I am sure it will be a mixed bag...but I am hoping that it includes a big sigh of relief as well.

My dear son is already hatching plans to sell his house..and buy a duplex so we can have our own spaces...he has made room for me and his brother in his home for now. We have a good open relationship..and both of us realize that this is a huge changing event...and that we need to keep talking so that we can all be comfortable in the new life.

I met with my atty. on Monday...and he has given me every assurance that he can make sure I am legally in good shape when all is said and done. He feels he has an excellent case for long term payments to me...and that would be wonderful as it will take the financial pressure off my son.

So, I am doing well, all things considered...I am off to start this new chapter of my life...I will be changing my name...and spending my time figuring out who I am alone..and what I want out of my life. I think it will be a very interesting journey to go on..and I am a bit excited about the prospect of just being ME.

The FM has raged at times...as I knew that it would..but I am full of adrenline most of the time..and that helps me stay working on what I have to do. I know the first thing I must do when I get to my new home...is take care of my health for while...So many have told me the symptoms will abate with the lessening of this stress...I am SO hoping for that to be true.

I will post again sometime next week when I have my computer up and running. But for now..if you think of me..or if you pray...please include the thought that my dh will leave for WI on Friday...That would be the best possible thing for me right now. That and send thoughts for peace for me...as I need that as much as I need anything in these next days of my life.

Thanks so much for following this journey...your continuing support has helped!

2. Doober

Doober New Member

I just had to reply. Your statement of "who you are alone"? Looks like you have great support from your sons and it seems that you will never be "alone" because of them. I wish you good luck and safe travel "Home".
  3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

and take good care of yourself.

4. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

I have followed what you are going thru. I am sorry that it has been so ruff on you. It sounds like you have every thing in control.

Please take good care of yourself.
  5. boltchik

boltchik New Member

I know your emotions must be on a rollercoaster ride, but it really does sound like things are falling into place for you. You sound like an incredibly strong person and my thoughts and prayers are with you. I hope the move goes smoothly and that you enjoy your new home. Looking forward to your update next week. Kim :)
  6. jmq

jmq New Member

and have a safe trip. It sounds like this will be an interesting journey in your life. Take it slow and easy and allow yourself sometime to heal and adjust.

I am proud of you and your son.