Update, working at fitness center and doing ok :)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kimelia, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

Hey everyone,

I know it's been awhile since I posted till today. I actually lost my internet at home so I am not online very often but wanted to drop in and let you all know that I"m doing ok.

Things have not been easy for those of you who use to keep up with me. I'm working part time at a fitness center training people on a ciruit alternating cardio and stregnth training machines. It's good for a few reasons. I get to workout and it's hydraulic machinery which is really safe. I'm getting stronger. My body is sore a lot and I'm still weak but I really think this is good for me. A big part of my job is socializing which is nice. I get paid to do these things. Of course there are annoying things about it too but what job is perfect? It has its stressors for sure.

I can't work more then part time and I know this, so it's hard to survive. I've only been able to pay my rent a couple of times this year. I really didn't know what I would do but my friend owns my condo and has been so understanding. I don't know how long I can do this, I mean he has a mortgage to pay on it. I guess I just have to take one day at a time. I did paint the inside of the condo to save him money there so that was something I was able to for him towards my rent. I feel so guilty about it but I am doing my best. Things are so tight. I don't have money for groceries for this week, I don't know what I'm going to do but somehow it will be ok.

I have a roof over my head, a job, pay my bills and I have hope so I can not complain..

I've started writing that book I was talking about for a long time here. I'm close to 90 pages now. I also started a childrens book and I write a lot of poetry which I hope to compile that soon and send to a publisher. The degree I was working towards several years ago was fitness/welleness so being a fitness advisor now is neat because I'm in my field. Saying all this to say things are hard and some days seem almost impossible but there are a lot of great things too..

HOpe I didn't ramble too much but wanted to update everyone.. I would love ot hear how you are all doing. I don't get online much so if it takes me a little while to reply please be patient. I hope you guys are all doing ok. My prayers are with you all.

God Bless,
    Kimberly
    [This Message was Edited on 08/20/2005]
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

Nice to see you! That is great that you are working on your book(s) and that you can work at least part-time in your field! Persistance is everything!

I am still doing the marshall protocol and have had some good things happen with it, but it is difficult right now, since we are moving in a few months to Mexico AND have had my inlaws move in with us (and moving to Mexico too). Also found out my 18 yo son has chronic lyme.

I am hoping our move will be beneficial for all, clean air is #1! - amazing how many ENTs etc have recommended this to me and my husband - Atlanta is just getting more and more polluted!

All the best,
    Victoria
  3. naturebaby

naturebaby New Member

Missed you! And was wondering where you were! Glad to hear you're moving ahead and especially that you've started writing that book! I'm a writer too!

I've had a challenging year and everything is unsettled for me right now. Thankful that I have a wonderful husband and hopeful that the next chapter in my life will be a good one!

Great to hear from you! Wishing you well, nature