UPDATE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hurts2003, Nov 1, 2005.

1. hurts2003

hurts2003 New Member

Hi all! just wanted to update everyone on what been going on this week. Things are starting to look up just a little for me. I got $60 of the $90 my niece owed me for the flowers for her wedding. She is surposed to give me the rest as soon as she can. I cashed in a CD that we've had in the bank for a few years to help get us caught up on the bills. I didn't want to but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.
    My mom's eye is still bothering her a lot and she doesn't have all the vision back. I have to take her back for a checkup tommorrow.
    I also go for my 2nd appointment for the clinical trials tomorrow. I finnally get the med if all my test results came out good that they took last week. there is a 5 out of 7 chance that I get the real med so I'm praying that I don't get a placebo. It's been 3 weeks since I've taken anything except for Ibuprophen and it's really getting rough.
    The right side of my face has just started to hurt really bad a few minutes ago. I was leaning over helping my boss put a seat cover on his truck seat when it hit me. I took 800mg ibuprophen and I will be so glad when it kicks in. I'm at work and really need some relief fast. He's gone to lunch now and I really need to feel better by the time he gets back. I'm sitting here typing trying to keep my mind off of the pain but it's not working to well.
    I gotta go because I can't stand to sit here any longer. Will check back in tomorrow and let you know how the dr. appt. went.

Hugs - Tammy
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Sounds like you really need something big time. Take care and I do hope the pain goes away before your boss gets back. Let us know about the trials.

Hugs,
    Sue
  3. hurts2003

hurts2003 New Member

My face and jaw pain dulled for a while, then when I got home from work at 6:00 it started again - took 4 tylenol. I made it though to cook supper then tried to go to bed. As soon as I laid down it started again. I took 5 more ibuprophen and it hasn't touched the pain. I could really use something stronger for the pain but I can't take it because of the trials. They gave me a drug test last week to make sure I was honest about be off all the meds and they will probably give me another one in the morning. I just hope the cymbalta is worth it and will control the pain. I have to stay off all pain meds during the whole 58 week study. I may be crazy if I have many days and nights like tonight. I hate to sound like a drug addict because I really don't take that much pain meds - only when I need them (LIKE NOW). The last bottle of 50 lasted me for 8 months.