Update

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nerdieduckie, Apr 6, 2007.

1. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

I had recently been posting about my back feeling weak and whatnot, then I posted a few days later about nightly headaches and dizzy spells.

Well, wednesday I began feeling awful but I still managed to go bowling with my boyfriend and my parents.

After he left, I pretty much felt like going to the ER. I was in so much pain in my back and I was so dizzy I felt like I was going to pass out. We decided to call the on-call doctor first to see what they said.

We told them my symptoms and then basically they were like, I don't know. It's either blood sugar or nothing.

Well, I knew it couldn't be my blood sugar because I had been eating as usual, so I went to bed, knowing mum was going to make me an appointment with the dr in the AM.

I woke up Thursday morning and I could barely move my eyes without screaming in pain. I basically had tunnel vision because thats how limited my eye movement was. I also could barely even stand to have any clothes on because my skin was so sensitive. I had all that plus the pain and the dizzy spells that I had already been dealing with.

We went to the dr, where I tested negative for the flu, they rechecked my strep test results from when i'd been in there 1-2 weeks prior, and also rechecked my mono tests, both of which were negative. They ran a blood count test to see where my white blood cells were, and they were low.

Basically, they said we don't know what's wrong with you. It appears to be viral. If you don't get better, come back in a day or two.

Thursday night my fever spiked to 102.8, but that's the highest it's gotten since then. It's just now starting to come back up again.

I've been taking ibuprofen for the pain and the fever but I've been having to watch my asthma with that, so I've been treating it with a small sip of coca-cola. Not the healthiest alternative, but I'd prefer minimal caffeine shakes to major albuterol shakes.

I'm starting to feel some better tonight (I think....), but I hate not knowing whats wrong with me.

Oh well, just thought I would let you all know what had been going on.
  2. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

Unfortunately i'm still not all that better except for the fever staying down, but thank you for your kind wishes!
  3. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Have they figured out what it is? Are you feeling any better?

Hugs,

Nancy B
  4. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

I am beginning to feel a bit better tonight. I had a migraine this morning but it mostly went away.

They still don't know. They didn't really make an effort beyond what we did in the office. I may go back tomorrow but that'll depend on just how bad I'm feeling to determine whether it's worth it or not. it'd probably just be the same answer anyway.