update

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by loto, May 19, 2009.

1. loto

loto Member

Well, I'm posting an update on my fibroid problem. Went for a talk with my doc yesterday, and another sono exam to see the big thing in my uterus. Yes, the baseball size fibroid is in the uterus right near the opening, and it's mostly attached to the wall of the uterus, so the doctor isn't able to just "scrape" it off of there and get it out. So, I've told him I just want the whole uterus taken out. He agreed and set a tentative date of June 11. Hopefully it will be an easy surgery and I will be able to return to work in 1 to 2 weeks. That's what I'm hoping for. And he also said he may be able to leave the cervix in there, and definitely the ovaries. I'm not letting them touch those!!!!!! Don't want to be put into menopause, the FM gives me enough trouble!!!! So, again, anyone whose had this done-I'd like to hear your experiences and any advice???
    I've also had alot of FM pain lately. Think the cortisone shot I had a couple of months ago is wearing off, as I've had lots of pain in my elbows, hands, and neck. Sucks!!! It was so nice not having the pain in those places, because the neck pain causes stupid headaches.
    Oh, well, back to having to cope with that on top of everything else.
    I shouldn't complain too much because I know there are lots of you out there with FM that have much worse pain that causes you to be disabled. So sorry for those of you in that position.
    loto