updated my profile

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by srollins, Aug 30, 2006.

1. srollins

srollins New Member

just thought since it had been a while,(like 4 years).

i put some pics of my hobby in my profile if anyone is interested in taking a look.

shirley
  2. srollins

srollins New Member

just a bump!!!!

shirley
  3. ckball

ckball New Member

I still can't get over how life like your dolls are.

Forgive me, but I can't remember how you make the heads. I know you have a kiln to fire them in. Can you please tell me again if you buy the heads then paint them or if you make the heads yourself.
    Thanks, Carla
  4. srollins

srollins New Member

thanks for your reply.
    well these dolls as you know are made of porcelain.
    i use molds to mold all the pieces parts, such as the heads, arms, legs and shoulder plates.

the remainer is usually fabric and fiberfil although i do have some that are entirely of porcelain. the paint is a china paint that has to be fired on in a kiln.

i have molds for well over 1oo dolls so u can just imagine what my basement looks like.that means well over 5oo plaster molds down there.

i start out with a jug of liquid porcelain and a mold.it is quite a process, but brings me a great deal of pleasure.

my greatest love though is sewing to dress them.

the doll i have posted right now? the one on your right with the printed jumpsuit on,

well that was a little no. i made for my granddaughter when she was that size. it has been alot of fun to be able to put some of the creations on my dolls that i had made for my miss taylor.

i didn't know until recently carla that you painted. which came first? glass or painting?

i recently got into the decorative painting. i love that as well.
    i have made my grandsons bedroom here at my house into a "mountain lodge". i have painted mountainscenes...spring winter etc on the walls.it has been a work in progress.i am getting to completeion finally.

it's only been 2 yrs. anyway, master jared is 6 now but he loves visitibg his room at granma's house.

sorry, didn't mean to get carried away.

hugs,
    shirley