Updates from after my TV interview....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kmelodyg, Jul 30, 2003.

1. kmelodyg

kmelodyg New Member

Hi everybody. I was doing SO great yesterday. Flying on Cloud 9, even through all of the pain. Well, as last night progressed, the "high" began to fall. Then the "Flare From Hell" started to show its dirty face. I did everything I could to keep mentally positive and busy, so that I could deter the inevitable. Well, it didn't work.

I took my pills, a warm bath, laid on my fabulous massaging-heated back cushion, did a few stretches and meditation, but to no avail. The pain, tremors, and fatigue hit me like a ton of bricks. I was unable to fall asleep until 7:30 this morning.

I finally woke at 6:30 PM, feeling like DEATH. I could barely move. I was laying in a pool of sweat and could barely breathe. The pain was excrusiating. I was so dehydrated. I took my morning pills (a little late!) and waited for a little relief (even though my bladder was about to explode!). Finally I crawled out of bed and searched for my cane.

I (literally) crawled upstairs to the bathroom, shaking all the way. Afterwards, I went to my Mom's room for help. She took care of me. Made sure I had food and water, and soothed me so that I wouldn't begin to lose it and start crying, which would definatly make things worse!

We agreed that if I didn't improve soon, that I would have to go to the ER. I was scared. I was so weak, and had such shallow breathing. I told myself - pull it together, snap out of this, you DO NOT want to go to the hospital!! Gradually I improved enough where I was a little bit better. It's 8 hours later, and I am still pretty bad.

This is so frustrating. I know that we all go through it. I am not even under any major stresses right now! I have the whole world on my plate! So many new possibilities! I should be feeling healthy as an ox! But that's not what this DD is all about.

So tommorow, I am on a mission to find a new doctor who will see me. I am STILL waiting for my Medicaid (govt assisted health ins) to go through. So right now, it is going to be very difficult to be seen. Most docs will not take you unless you pay upfront. At the moment, I am penniless. I am going to have to beg and plead, whatever I have to do. I NEED HELP!!

Thanks guys. Just needed a little venting. I know that each and every one of us go through this. But each time a new flare pops up, it's like the first time. You get angry, depressed, scared, frustrated. You just want to crawl out of your body! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!

Lots of Love,
    Kathryn
    [This Message was Edited on 07/31/2003]
  2. kmelodyg

kmelodyg New Member

Hey there! Thanks for responding! Well, the pain and fatigue are still pretty bad today. I decided to take your advice and tell the woman who interviewed me about my flare up. She wrote back and said that she could only imagine what I am going through. She also said that she is so amazed about my doing all of these things even though I am suffering so much. She also said that I was an inspiration for her!! That was really sweet.

Also, she said that next Monday, the night of my interview, they will show my story at 5:55 PM and they are going to do a Fibromyalgia story at 11:00!!!!! She sent me the transcript and said that it was "for my eyes only"!!!! Basically I can tell you that its about new drugs that they are testing that are specifically for FMS patients!!! How cool is that?

Kathryn
  3. EZBRUZR

EZBRUZR New Member

Kathryn, i was bummed to see your not feeling well.Sorry.I which i could help more to so many of this incredible group.my thoughts and prayers are w/you.I am glad to hear your mother is able to assist you now.Good Luck kiddo, Peace{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}, lisa :)
  4. lassiecass

lassiecass New Member

Hi Kathryn,
    Well, 1st sorry you are having your body get back at you for doing something good for all the rest of us fellow sufferers. You are such a positive force in this little world of FMS we all live in these days. I am hoping that your flare doesn't last very long and you will be feeling better soon. I realize it is such a trail while it is happening. I will send you lots of white and blue healing energy. Hope it works. What the heck, it couldn't hurt right. I will sent you the info you asked for a while back via E-mail. I have been on vacation house sitting for my Aunt and Uncle who also had their 50th wedding anniversary on Sunday. Hi to your sweet Mom who took care of you, nice to have support.
    Soft Hugs,
    Sandy (Cass)
  5. lassiecass

lassiecass New Member

Hi Kathryn,
    Well, 1st sorry you are having your body get back at you for doing something good for all the rest of us fellow sufferers. You are such a positive force in this little world of FMS we all live in these days. I am hoping that your flare doesn't last very long and you will be feeling better soon. I realize it is such a trail while it is happening. I will send you lots of white and blue healing energy. Hope it works. What the heck, it couldn't hurt right. I will sent you the info you asked for a while back via E-mail. I have been on vacation house sitting for my Aunt and Uncle who also had their 50th wedding anniversary on Sunday. Hi to your sweet Mom who took care of you, nice to have support.
    Soft Hugs,
    Sandy (Cass)
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I am so sorry that interview took so much from you. I know you feel horrible, but please know that you did such a huge service for so many by doing that intervidew. You are in my prayers.

Love, Mikie
  7. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I also agree with calling the interviewer and letting her know how excitment affects us, even the good kind! In medical terms this is known as a "loss of dynamic response capability", and it is just one more reason why we have so much trouble functioning.
    Many blessings,
    Klutzo
  8. kmelodyg

kmelodyg New Member

You are all so wonderful. You always know the right things to say! Thank for the compliments and blessings!

This afternoon, I decided that I couldn't wait anymore, I NEEDED to see another doctor quick! So, I called this doctor that came highly recommended from the woman who interviewed me. But she was not accepting new patients.

So I called this Nurse Helpline and told her my problems and asked what I should do. She told me to call this particular Health Center. Then she asked if I have gone to any support groups. I ended up telling her all about my projects and the upcoming support group that I will be organizing. She was so excited! She took my contact info so that they will have it for future reference. Then she said when the group is up and running, she will take the info and add it to her master list so she can refer people to it! She said that she was so happy that I was getting involved, and that she was going to tell everybody about it!

So, I called the Health Center, and waited FOREVER to get through. The lines were tied up BIG TIME! Finally after the long wait, I made an appt for tommorrow afternoon. They said that I could just put down $60 and it would be refunded once my Medicaid goes through. But their concern was that the doc does not have my records. I had to argue for 1/2 hour that I could work something out and get it to them. It was ridiculous.

So, I called my old Doc's office and spoke to the Med Record lady. She said that it would take a long time to put it together, and it couldn't be done by tommorrow. I explained and explained my situation, basically begging for her help. She said that she could not give all my records until my last doc signs off on it. And he is on vacation!!!!! (of course) So, after another 1/2 hr of negotiating, she finally caved and said that she can send SOME of my records. Enough that the new doc could see what's going on, my past prescriptions, etc. I was in tears at that point. I was relieved but frustrated. Why does everything have to be a battle with these people? Why can't things go smoothly just once? It blows my mind!

So, everything's all set for tommorrow. I pray to God that this guy will be understanding, will work with me to finally have adequate pain management, and he will not say that FMS does not exist! Please say a prayer for me too! I could use as much as possible!! I will let you all know how it goes! Sorry this is so long!!

Lots of love,
    Kathryn
  9. zggygirl

zggygirl New Member

Good for you for getting an appointment. I had to chuckle ( or I would cry) at your comment about why can't just one thing go smoothly. It is like nothing works, from the coffee maker on up!
    Anyway thanks from me too for all the energy you put in for us. You are an inspiration!
    Please post when you are able about your doctor visit. I'm sure with your attitude it will go well.
    Just an idea: I imagine how I want the appointment to go, what I need and how the doctor will be receptive and it all ends on a positive note. It actually works sometimes, might even work most of the time if I would just remember to use the imagery!
    Ziggy
  10. kmelodyg

kmelodyg New Member

Ziggy,

You are such a sweetheart!! You always know what to say to brighten my day! I know what you mean about the comment (how come nothing ever goes smoothly or right?) That thought was in my head while I was on the phone with the medical records lady. It immediatly made me cry. Not to mention that I am PMSing like crazy!!! I'll cry at the drop of a hat! I will definatly let you guys know how the new doc works out. PLEASE GOD, LET HIM BE A GOOD DOCTOR!!!!!! Thanks again!

All my love,
    Kathryn
  11. HURTSALOT2

HURTSALOT2 New Member

Kathryn, I do hope this flare leaves you soon. I also hope the new doctor will be a good one. Good doctors are hard to find these days. They are out there. Sometimes we just have to search for them. Take care now.
    HURTSALOT2