Updates from those taking Savella.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gapsych, Jun 18, 2011.

1. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I would like to hear from those of you who have been taking Savella for any length of time and how it has/has not helped you.

I am at the point that I may just try it. I'm dealing with more pain with this weather and feel that some depression may have come back. I know there was someone here who was reporting on her progress with Savella. Can't remember her name. Darn brain fog.

Appreciate any replies.

2. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I have been on Savella for a couple of months now. My pain has been greatly improved during this time. So much in fact that in 6 weeks I only took 18 pain pills, which is almost a miracle to me. Before Savella I took at least one pill almost every day.

My fatigue was greatly reduced as well. I have, at times, felt almost cured. I do still have flare ups and, in fact, have had a bad week as well as fatigue is concerned so I am tempted to fear, but I know that is just the nature of the beast. It is a treatment, not a cure.

I did not have the nausea people mention, but I do eat first before I take it. What I did have is heartburn, for which I started taking Prilosec daily, and a lot of excess gas. I take 2 gas pills with my second dose and have begun taking fiber pills, which have eliminated both of those issues. As for the "warm flushes" I have had some of those but no too bad.

I would advise anyone to try it based on my results. I am on 50mg twice a day. If my fatigue does not improve I may ask to up my dose but I suspect this is my monthly PMS issues made worse by the fibro. Let us know how you do if you decide to try it.

3. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Thanks so much.

Have you had any change in BP? Gained weight? I am leaning towards getting the script, it would have to be better than narcotics.

Did your insurance cover Savella?

Again Thanks.

4. hensue

hensue New Member

Just could not make it thru the first week felt so weird. I wish I could have taken it.
    let me know how it goes anyone and I might try again.

5. tut90

tut90 Member

I've been taking Savella for about two months now, and so far it's working for me, I have even lost some weight. I always take it with food, so I have not experienced any nauseousness. When I'm in pain now is mostly due arthritis. If you give it a try, just make sure you don't take it on an empty stomach.

Good luck,

6. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I posted an answer but it's not here. I have not gained weight or had a change in my BP that I know of. My insurance does cover it but it is a 2nd tier, meaning it costs $30 a month but that is manageable. I found some reviews, or whatever, where people said it was $60 etc so I was worried about that.

Doesn't make me nauseous or too hot, although I have had some "warm spells" tho but nothing bad enough to stop taking it! In my reply that is not here I said that after being on it for awhile, I checked my pain pills and had only taken 18 in six weeks! Amazing.

I get up without pain which is amazing. I still take some of course, but my pain is much better and the fatigue is too. I am worried about brain fog, though because I don't feel like I have it but have been finding mistakes at work and wonder if I am foggy and don't even know it...
  7. jgsgirlie

jgsgirlie New Member

I have taken it for 2 years now, it made me nauseous for about 2 weeks, after that I have been doing ok, I seem to get overheated more so than I use to and I am still getting flares, but nothing like they used to be.
    I do not have insurance so it costs me 130.00 a month, my Dr. provided me samples until he ran out.
    It does not help me w/brain fog, but most days my pain is tolerable. I don't think it is a cure by any stretch, but it has helped me
    good luck to you