Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Butterfly_of_grace, Jan 2, 2007.

1. Butterfly_of_grace

Butterfly_of_grace New Member

Im having a meeting w/ principal and my daughters teacher this Friday. We all think that testing should be done that can detect if there are underlying learning issues causing daughters anxiety.
    I love her teachers dedication and the fact that the principal is also very concerned as well. God willing we will have an answer and a solution for the poor lil thing soon.

2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

it is a great thing! people teach because they usually love their jobs, teachers in our family and priniciples as well. they don't do it for the money.

the are some techniques that the school psychologist or counselors can do to help her w/her test anxiety. once she gets these techniques down she will be flying high like the individual she is.

glad it is going to work out, give it some time!

3. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

It's good to know the school is willing to help you follow up on her problems.

Best of luck to you both...

Nancy B
  4. Butterfly_of_grace

Butterfly_of_grace New Member

I DONT HAVE ANY BAD FEELINGS whatsoever....the title was just a followup to an earlier post.

I know about teachers and teaching. I was a Special Ed TEachers Aide for yrs and I LOVED what I did...especially with my autistic children I was so blessed to be helping. If I was able to I would have gone back to college to become a special ed teacher.

Whats the shocker is that in our town especially with the new super intendent who does not want to classify children anymore and who has been making major cut backs with special ed is the fact that they are so willing to help me get to the bottom of whats going on with her. Shes a good little girl and they know that. Her teacher is very dedicated (shes been teacher for 33 yrs in my town) and despite the fact that the teachers still have no contract with the town she is still willing to go the extra mile...that says alot for her...the other teachers arent exactly as dedicated...they only care about their health insurance being taken away and raises...I know this a fact because a good friend of mine is running into walls trying to get his daughter tested and helped.

If you knew what I knew (being on the inside workign for the town AND being a parent of a child already classified and fighting for what he needed) you would be sick with the nonsense going on here. Believe me, we would move if we could...but then again, I heard its elsewhere too.

Please dont take it the wrong way...Im NOT upset in the least bit that they are willing to test her and get to the bottom...in fact, Im so relieved...I almost cried when I was on the phone with Principal...we seem to be on the same page and its such a breath of fresh air to have someone on my side. With my sweet step-sona nd fighting for what he needed all we got was resistence....that is, until we threatened mediation because they were non-compliant with his IEP and thats illegal.

5. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I love this teacher!

Let us know how it goes, OK?