Upon Waking

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NyroFan, Oct 6, 2006.

1. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Hello all:

I would think that after a good nights sleep that i would wake up with less pain.

No! I have a hard time getting out of bed because I feel every ache and pain and know it will get worse if I get up.

I do arise, but then the pain sure sets in. I take the pain meds, sit with a heating pad and wait for it to dull.

Anyone else with this morning pain? is it typical? Why after having a restful sleep?

nyrofan
  2. Scapper

Scapper New Member

Yep, waking up is very painful.

I agree w/ the above that we don't get "deep" sleep so we are not repairing. I also think my muscles stiffen up b/c of laying still during the night. It takes me about an hour or so to move around and get the stiffness and pain out.

Not fun!
  3. cherie23

cherie23 New Member

is never easy for me. I have the same problam. I can get what I think is a good night sleep, seven to eight hours, but when I get up in the mornig I feel like a hadn't slept for one minute and there is no relief form the pain. Absolutely none, it's very frustrating.
    My boyfriend has told me that when I'm asleep I am constantly moving. Legs twiching arms moving rolling around, he said it's like I'm in pain even when I'm asleep. I think that I never get that deep sleep and without it the body hasn't had the time to repair itself and do all the regenerating it is supposed to do during that time. It's just my opinion I'm no expert, but I think thats why the pain never ceases and why I never feel rested.
    I hope you find something that helps, I' still searching myself. Sleep meds do not help me but maybe it would work for you. Good luck.
  4. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Laura:

I am taking Restoril for sleep.

What do you think?

nyrofan
  5. pattigaul

pattigaul New Member

I did a sleep study and now sleep with a CPap device that forces more air into my lungs. I find that my achiness has lessened in the mornings but starts again mid day. So it hasn't cured me but a deep nights sleep is essential to give us more quality time and relief from this pain and fatigue. I take ambien and elavil at night, otherwise I would never sleep. Patti
    [This Message was Edited on 10/06/2006]
  6. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I've found that if I take pain meds then ,I can go back to sleep and wake up with less pain.Linda