upper back pain related to FM

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rpleifeste, Feb 8, 2003.

1. rpleifeste

rpleifeste New Member

Has anyone out there had problems with upper back pain related to FM and what was done to help relieve the pain? Was a specific cause determined?
  2. Scoobsmom

Scoobsmom New Member

I had fallen back in 2001 and started to have severe pain in my upper back/middle back. I have been going to so many dr's within the past few years... Diagnosed last June with fibro. Am currently on Neurontin/Tramadol/Relafen and still going to another dr. to be certain it is fibro and not the herniated disc and problem with my shoulder that they have not diagnosed...
  3. popgun

popgun New Member

is body wide.
  4. rpleifeste

rpleifeste New Member

Thanks to all for your replies. I have had FMS for about 40 years, although they didn't have a name for it back then. I have been on NSAIDS the whole time. Beats me if they do any good. I have had upper back pain for about a year now and I intend to be referred to a Rheumatologist again to get an updated diagnosis. I have been getting PT for a month now and it has done no good. Has anyone out there had a doc address this subject? Thanks again. Will keep you all posted. RP
  5. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

Back pain wasnt really one of the areas of most pain.. for me when first becoming diagnosed with FM. I was in a car accident in April of 2002. Since then I have had pain in my back, lower back, upper, middle,neck and then also my hip and leg, then my knee. I got worse after the car accident. I tryed chiropractic care, it was just temp relief, then it would all come back.

I have read that back pain is part of fibro, its also a all over body ache at times.

[ advertisement ]