Upper back pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hendogs5, Jun 29, 2003.

1. hendogs5

hendogs5 New Member

I've had upper back pain for 8 years. Seems to flair up more often now with deep pain. Would love to be able to reach back there and pull it out. Effects my breathing and feel lousy. Chiropractor did nothing and now I'm starting physical therapy soon. (again) Any help?
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi, welcome to the board. I have had upper back pain for over tweny years. Thats where the Fibromyalgia pain started with me.
    I always have pain in my upper back, if nothing else, its always a dull pain.

I have tried pain pills, but they only made me more ill, I am allergic to most meds. So I take supplements, no meds.
    Chiropractor did not not help either. Neither did the doctors for that matter.

I take Pro Energy (Malic Acid and Magnesium Glycinate) and ZMA (zinc, magnesium and vitamin B-6) for pain, fatigue and sleeplessness. Those are the two main supplements that I take.

Heat helps, heating pads 'mattress heating pad', hot baths with peroxide and Epson Salts are also good.

A good rub for this pain is called; 'Banalg', very strong, but will give relief.

Have you been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia? or do you just have back pain? Any of the above will help either way.

Magnesium heals muscles while you sleep. Most people with FM are deficient in this mineral.

Wish I could help more, but do hope you are feeling better soon.

Again, welcome to the board.

Shalom, Shirl

3. hendogs5

hendogs5 New Member

Thank you for the Welcome. I have not been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Pain pills do nothing and heat is only a very temporary solution. (minutes of relief) Glad to hear that you get some pain relief. I'll give physical therapy one more try and then it's off to try an MRI.