upper buttock pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kirsty28, Oct 13, 2005.

1. kirsty28

kirsty28 New Member

hello never got back pain till about 2 mths ago. now all the places i previously hurt are fine but its in the lower back alot...esp the upper buttocks and when i massage they feel like concrete and hurt like mad...then some days its okay...madness!driving hurts and sitting...yoga strteches helps abit but its a nasty one...anyone else?
    thanks..
    also people say mine is stress, but this pain came on when i was feeling good and happy...not fair is it?
    bye x
  2. Lana56

Lana56 New Member

I have pain in the same area-goes side to side at times.It all feels like burning pain and HOT to the touch.I have to use massage and ice to get relief.I also do strtching exercises which helps sometimes.Yes the pain can be from emotions,but also remember the pain is real.I also have a herniated disc so I have pain in the spine too.No fun.Hope you are feeling ok.Keep in mind exercise and relaxation can help.I sure know it can be aggravating.Take care Lana56
  3. spasco

spasco New Member

It seems like you are describing Sacroiliac pain. The sacro pain is there and right about the middle of the cheek. The pain can be intense and can get to the point where it makes you nauseous. Most FM'ers have sacro pain.

God bless! Stephanie
  4. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

The "feels like concrete" makes me think or myofascial trigger points. I thought some of mine were knobs of bone (no, I don't know much about anatomy). Trigger points in the piriformus muscle (in the butt) can cause lower back pain. A physical therapist or massage therapist who was knowledgeable about myofascial release might be helpful.