upset mom is in the ICu

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, Jan 8, 2006.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

my mom was taken to the hosptial yesterday for a lower GI bleed. Right now she is stable but it is very serious. She will need to have a colonscopy to find where this bleed is at. So I just needed someone to talk to for a minute, I am so scard and worried about her, She is stable and so is he BP and other vital signs so there is some improvement but her crit is low 29 and if it gets lower she will need more blood. I just talked to the nurse and she said she would call if any thing happend so that I could be there with her but she thinks that mom is doing better just has the low hemocrit from the prep they gave her for the colonscopy tomorrow.

I am going to try and get some sleep.

HUGs to all , love Rosemarie
  2. JLH

JLH New Member

I am going to bed, too, need the sleep - it's 2 AM here,
    but just wanted to tell your first that I will keep your Mom in my prayers.

love,
    Janet
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

my father was in icu for a couple of weeks, he had a bleeding ulcer...he was put on ice chips for 10 days...now bacthen this was in the mid seventies from what i recall...i was a child or early teen....anyways bac then they said it was from all of his drinking...that maybe so...

now i have an understanding it is a bacterial infection?

but our mother will survive..we are all hear to be positive and send prayers...

jodie

ps i cannot remember if he had blood transfusion...not that that helps you any but he did make it and takes his meds...

plus he quit drinking, sober alcoholic
  4. petsrme

petsrme Member

Rosemarie, I will be praying for your Mother. I hope she gets better soon. I hope you get some sleep and rest.

Hugs to you too.
  5. lease79

lease79 New Member

Sending up a prayer for her right now. Really hope that the surgery goes well & that they find what caused the bleed & are able to fix it.
    ~*Gentle Hugs*~
  6. kgangel

kgangel New Member

So sorry about your mom Rose, I am praying that she will be well soon and that all will go well with her tests.

May God Bless you and give you strength

kgangel