upsetting doctor visit

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LindaJones, Mar 22, 2009.

1. LindaJones

LindaJones New Member

I went to the walk-in clinic today.
    I told the doctor that I am sensitive to medication.
    He said that there is no such thing.
    I was very upset.
  2. Empower

Empower New Member

Sorry, but your doctor is an idiot

Even my doctor, who was very skeptical of my claim that I am sensitive to meds, finally realized that I REALLY AM

He even told me he read an article on the way that we assimilate meds and process them and this article said it was possibly a genetic defect
  3. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Well he is obviously unaware that some people are sensitive - or whatever other term they want to use. Most Dr's even ask, besides the allergy question, how you do on certain meds or how you react to them.

You didn't give much info though. Were you wanting meds and he wouldn't give you something that you weren't sensitive to? Did you not want meds and he wanted to give you some?

Obviously something else happened or you wouldn't be so upset over a statement unless it resulted in you not getting the care you wanted.

what did you go in for? I hope you got some help!
  4. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I just tell them I'm allergic. And if they ask what happens, I tell them my throat closes up, can't breathe, all that jazz. Shuts them right up. The truth is, I am allergic to alot of things. However, many meds either work the opposite on me or I get the rare side effects. It's better to just say allergic and write that on your forms, too. Allergic to many meds.