URGENT PRAYER REQUEST FOR MONDAY, DEC. 11

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by bandwoman, Dec 10, 2006.

1. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

Hi Everyone,

Nancy (Manager) is having her back surgery this morning as far as I know. She didn't know the exact time but was to be at the hospital at 7:30am. She was still having some coughing. She wanted specific prayers that her lungs would be clear. She has been sick all week.

The surgery is very serious. It is going to take from 6-8 hours. They are literally building a metal cage in her spine. She is having fusion of three lumbar discs and will have long metal rods and I think 24 screws stabilizing her.

She will be in a back brace for 12 weeks I think. It is quite uncomfortable as she has already been fitted for it and was trying to get used to it.

Her 15 year old son who she home schools needs prayer as well. He has his own medical issues to deal with as well. She was widowed when she was only 30 and was pregnant at the time so it is only she and her son.

Please pray for both Nancy and her son Alan as this is an ordeal for both of them.

Alan may post tomorrow let you know how she is doing. If he emails me I will certainly give you an update. Because of the length of the surgery and the time in ICU he may wait until tomorrow, Tues Dec. 12 to let us know anything.

If you see this please pray throughout the day.

Thank you so much for all of your support.

Love,
    Nancy Bandwoman
  2. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

I will pray for her through out the day.that all goes well in surgery and a speedy recovery.

Blessings, sixtyslady
  3. kgangel

kgangel New Member

Dear Nancy

Thank you for letting us know about this surgery

She will be in my prayers

May God Bless her and her family through all they are going through

hugs

kgangel

Please let us know how she is doing when you find out, thank you so much
  4. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

5. janie056

janie056 New Member

Nancy told me about you and how wonderful you are. We met here about two months ago and have been talking on the phone and e-mailing quite often.
    I spoke with her last night and she is being so brave!
    I am having the same surgery January 17th, I am having it on two levels, hers is three.
    I have been praying for her and Alan and I just know all will be well and the surgery will go well!
    The back brace sounds terrible! Thank goodness my doc will not be putting one on me.
    When Nancy is up to using the computer I will ask her for your email address if this is ok with you. I would like to talk to you.
    I have been on pins and needles all day waiting to hear something.
    I will post something as soon as I hear from Alan, or if you do first please post here, OK?

Thanks and much love to you,
    Jane
  6. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

I have been thinking and praying for Nancy today. Sounds like something from a horror movie to go through. Please update whoever gets news.
  7. windblade

windblade Active Member

I'm keeping Nancy in my prayers too, and now Alan. What an ordeal to go through.

I'm taking an idea from Cath, and putting up a post it to remind me until we here from her.

Love,
    Judy
  8. pepper

pepper New Member

but have been praying for all on this board. God knows what we need in our lives.

I will stop now and pray that all is well with Nancy.

Love, Pepper
  9. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member