Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SerenityPheonix, Nov 11, 2008.

1. SerenityPheonix

SerenityPheonix New Member

I realize this posting doesn't exactly fit the boards title, i am posting this all over the boards in order to reach out to as many as i can right now. I know many who ppost here and both my daughter and myself have fobro too, so we still fit here.

Monday evening my 17 year old daughter overdosed. She took approx 30 to 40 Clonidine and 20 or so Trazadone. About 3 to 4 hours after she took them she told me what she had done. It was apparent in that her speech was inaudibly slurred and she could not walk. She took them while i was out and was in her bed when i got home so i had no idea till she called me into the bathroom. 911 was called and she is still being held in ICU until she has stabilized. Once she is stable she will be transferred to the county hospital for a 72 hour or more psychiatric hold. At this time the concern is extremely low blood pressure. The lowest was today as she was getting up to pee and collapsed on the floor, it was around 59/35. it is taying too low at 80ish/45ish. It did go to 91/42. We won't know of any possible permanent organ damage for at least a few days. We can use all the prayer we can get. Thank you
  2. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

Your daughter had to have been in so much pain in order to take the OD, poor thing. She'll get the help she needs at the hospital, hopefully she'll be stronger tomorrow. She's young, and that's an important factor for her recovery.

You tell her that she CAN get better, she WILL get better, "I" need her to get better! She has a lot of living to do still, lots of great experiences waiting for her out there! Lots of chocolate to eat, good music to listen to, fragrant flowers to pick, warm sunny days to enjoy. Her life is worth living, and I want to hear from her when she's feeling better!!! And give her a hug for me

Good thoughts and prayers are going out for both of you. Keep us posted. Take care of yourself, rest and de-stress as much as you can (easier said than done, I know), eat and drink healthy stuff, and listen to your body so you don't get hit hard w the FM. She's going to need her mom!

xxxooo Hermit
  3. SerenityPheonix

SerenityPheonix New Member

ty you for your warm response hermit. I am standing upon the serenity prayer right now. It does seem however that i am the target of her wrath. She made that very clear. Note said i'm the epitomy of all things horrible in her life. Logically i know this is hers to own, but emotionally the note tore me up beyond belief. I will definetly keep everyone informed through the boards since the chat is STILL down. I wish they would get it fixed already cause i really could use it right about now. Thank you for your prayers and if you have or know of a prayer circle...please put us on the list. again ty
  4. greatgran

greatgran Member

I so feel for you and your poor daughter. My prayers are with both of you..Please keep us posted on how she is doing. Its so hard to understand why the suffering.

5. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

So sorry to hear about your daughter and you both will be in my thoughts and prayers. I'm praying for a speedy and total recovery for her!! I know how it is to have a child that also has Fibromyalgia , my son also has it. It just breaks a moms heart to see them in pain like this. Take care of yourself and know in your heart she doesnt really mean the hurtful things, shes just in some major pain. God Bless you both!
  6. 3gs

3gs New Member

Iam so sorry for the pain your family is going thru right now.

iam sending good thoughts your way.

keep us posted

best wishes