Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SerenityPheonix, Nov 11, 2008.

1. SerenityPheonix

SerenityPheonix New Member

Monday evening my 17 year old daughter overdosed. She took approx 30 to 40 Clonidine and 20 or so Trazadone. About 3 to 4 hours after she took them she told me what she had done. It was apparent in that her speech was inaudibly slurred and she could not walk. She took them while i was out and was in her bed when i got home so i had no idea till she called me into the bathroom. 911 was called and she is still being held in ICU until she has stabilized. Once she is stable she will be transferred to the county hospital for a 72 hour or more psychiatric hold. At this time the concern is extremely low blood pressure. The lowest was today as she was getting up to pee and collapsed on the floor, it was around 59/35. it is taying too low at 80ish/45ish. It did go to 91/42. We won't know of any possible permanent organ damage for at least a few days. We can use all the prayer we can get. Thank you
  2. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

I hope your daughter recovers completely from the overdose and finds ways to feel better soon. Your mr Bill
  3. jole

jole Member

Please know that my prayers are with your daughter and your family. What a terrible thing to have to deal with. Did she give you any indication as to why she took the pills?

I hope the counselling helps her and you are able to keep up with it after the hospitalization. Sometimes it takes a long time to resolve issues that we didn't even know were there....being a parent is sometimes no fun at all, is it? I'm sure your love and understanding will get her through this just fine.

Wishing her good health, and prayers going up***Jole***
  4. sisland

sisland New Member

I'm Praying for your Daughter and for you Too!,,,,,Hope it all turns out well!,,,,,,,,,Sis
  5. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

OMG, I am so sorry for you. How terrible. Has she ever done something like this before???? I will put her on our prayer list here at work Serenity. I can't imagine what you are going through right now. That is one of the worst times a parent can go through. Again, my prayers are with you dear.