URGENT REQUEST NO MORE PHYSICAL T. OR CHIRO

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by bandwoman, Mar 8, 2007.

1. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

Hi Everyone.

I guess when it rains it pours. I just got a another letter from my insurance co. and they have pulled the plug on my muscle therapy and my chiro all in one fell swoop.

I am in total shock but knew this might happen. I had apts with both of them tomorrow and I am really hurting this week.

I have NO idea what I will do. I have nothing at all that will deal with my pain now. Nothing.

With my other insurance periodically they would request notes from the chiro but my treatments would continue. This letter said they will NOT pay any more after March 2 and that my plan does not cover maintenance.

There is no where in my insurance book that says anything like that. But as we know insurance companies can do what ever they darn well please and pretty much get away with it.

I am asking for everyone who can to join me in prayer over this matter. Withdrawing the IV's was bad enough but this is worse I am afraid because I know first hand what my body does without treatment. It gets critcal very quickly.

Thanks for listening and for your prayers.

Love,
    Nancy
  2. pepper

pepper New Member

My heart aches for you right now. I was praying for you and all the others because it is Prayer Night and came to check on how things are going. I know that you suspected that this might come, but I am sure that you are in shock nevertheless.

First, I will join you in prayer that the insurance company reverses its decision.

I will pray that you are given the guidance to deal with this issue so that a positive outcome may occur.

I am praying that you are given the strength and energy to deal with this.

I know that this goes totally against your grain, but is there any way that your miracle man at church could be made aware of your desperate situation? As a philanthropist he may look upon this as an excellent opportunity to fulfill his role.

I hope you can do some research on dealing with insurance companies and start the appeals process.

(((HUGS)))and lots of prayers.
    Love, Judy
  3. 143alan

143alan New Member

I am so sorry this has happened on top of everything else. I think we all need to storm heaven with our prayers first and then storm Washington with our letters about our crappy health care and insurance system. It is not right when the insurance companies have more say so than our own doctors about our health care.

I am praying for you to be pain free and for the insurance company to change their minds. I know you have to be appealing this decision!!!

Love Ya
    Nancy
  4. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Like Judy, I joined in prayer night, and pray daily for you. I think you need some good solid advice of where to turn and I am pretty clueless as to whom that would be.

I would start I think by talking to your building rep to your teachers union or association, ask for specific advice/names to contact. I hope there is a way "around" the current situation and that explanation that they are taking away what you already had. Guess I would start making some noise and rattling some cages. I know how hard it will be to try and fight all this when you feel lousy and have pain, but you need to try something.

We have a news line at our tv station, and sometimes people call in with problems. Bigger issues are put on the news, but they often get immediate results with just some phone calls.

Again, please try posting on other areas of the forum, perhaps you can find somebody who works in insurance areas and could offer you a direction.

Hugs and prayers in the meantime.
  5. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I will be composing my letter of appeal today regarding the IV's. This appeal will eventually end up in the hands of the school district in which a committee of teachers and staff looks it over and makes the final decision after the insurance gets the letter.

I am more hopeful knowing that some human beings with some compassion will be making the final decision instead of the insurance co. At least that is my understanding of the process after talking with the head of our insurance at the district level. This lady I talked to was very nice and she is on the committee.

It is all done keeping the privacy of the patient intake. This committee does not know the name of the person they are dealing with. My name will be blocked out by the insurance so I was glad about that as I have kept my illness a secret for years and would like to keep it that way.

My latested blow from the insurance stopping my chiro and therapy has been the hardest to accept. I have to wait on that situation until my chiro writes some type of explanation trying to convince them that I am not on just maintenance. I know it is going to be a hard sell.

I still need lots of prayers as my emotions can get the best of me when I am very fatiuged which I am.

Thanks for all of your support. It means a great deal to me.

Love,
    Nancy
  6. pepper

pepper New Member

I want you to know that you are in my prayers always. I am so sorry that you are going through this. It simply does not seem fair.

You said something very wise on another thread, that we would not know this kind of support and love without our illnesses. So much good can come from the "bad" that we have to know that there is a greater plan for us.

I am so glad that I have come to know you and so many others on this board. It gives me hope for humanity.

Love, Judy
  7. kgangel

kgangel New Member

Wow Nancy!! I just do not know what to say, I am so sorry. I too have to pay for PT and Chiro or anything else if I need it. But at least I am still able to have the meds that have been helping me.

I am so sorry for all your suffering , is there anyway you may be able to be on Medicaid, I don't know if that would help you or not as far as meds go, but I do know you could have PT back.

I will be praying for you, I keep you in my prayers always, for you are such a special lady and I look up to you in all you have been going through

God Bless you
    Kgangel
  8. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I am so sorry that you are having this happen to you.
    We need all of the help that we can get. It seems like we have to pull out of them what we get... and we pay for it so dearly!

God bless you......Mari