URGENT

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sixtyslady, Apr 19, 2006.

1. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

please has anyone just been sitting and have what feels like a shock feeling in your head, and then feel lite heading just for a few seconds. now I have drainage from what feels lik my sinus. Sixtys lady
  2. srh

srh New Member

I do get shocks-- in my neck and side of my head. Sometimes in my back. But have never noticed sinus drainage at the same time.

Good luck. Hugs........
  3. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

yes its mucus. it just scares me so bad i Thanks feel like I"m falling backward when this happens. I did have a very tight mucsle in my neck earlier. also have tingling feeling in my scalp now. thanks Sixtyslady.
  4. musikmaker

musikmaker New Member

Yes I get the shock and get disoriented after for a moment.
  5. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

but maybe black mold in your home...i have it in my apt. so i am looking elswhere to move..

jodie
  6. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Sixtyslady:

I was going to post a 'Where are You' post yesterday to see how you were doing, but here you are.

I go to a neurologist. I was put on Klonopin and things settled down.

Whether anyone with these symptoms need it or not, I do not know. I know we have certain kinds of seizures as described by Dr. Cheney in an article I read here.

Anyway: whatever is causing it for you and others- I hope you all get some relief. I was having certain kinds of seizures at night and it was determined through testing that I needed medication.

Feel better!

nyrofan
  7. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

this is strange the last few days I"ve been in extreme pain in my knees and ankles, well after my shock feeling in my head and then tingeling in my scalp.now your not going to believe this the pain in my knees and ankles are gone and I don"t feel fatique. I have done nothing different than usual.am I crazy? Sixtyslady
  8. findmind

findmind New Member

Do you have/or have had any back symptoms? or Neck?

Sounds to me like you "freed" up something, somehow...

If a muscle in back was trapping a nerve that connects legs and returns circulation to upper body and brain, then somehow "freeing" it could have caused that snap in brain AND lessened pain to legs.

Just speculating here; we have the strangest things happen, may feel lots better or much worse, and hard to understand why!

Hope you continue to feel better....take it while you got it LOL

findmind
  9. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Do you feel spinning sensation or like a snapping feeling?

I sometimes get a sharp pain that zaps through my temple then my ear pops.

If you are scared or worried go to the docs.

Love Anne C
  10. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

I don"t have spinning sensation but sometimes I lose my sense of balance. I do have back and neck problems its just so strange I thought I was going crazy yesterday because of the pain in my knees and ankles.but after my shock feeling in my head this morning I actually feel better than I have in days.I don"t feel nervous and no pain what a strange thing.also when I wake up in the morning I have very little pain until my feet hit the floor and about a half hour later I can hardly walk.wow" do you think when I go see the RHeumy next week, that he"ll think I"m a nut case ,sometimes I try not to tell them all my symtoms because I"m scared I"ll overwhelme them. hugs sixtyslady
  11. lbuchanan3

lbuchanan3 New Member

My husband has a pinched nerve in the back of his neck, and I have Fibro in my neck. He has double vision off and on, I get blurred vision and have balance problems. Well yesterday he saw his vascular doctor and the doctor told him that the nerves and muscles in the neck control vision and balance and can actually transmit pain signals to both the legs and the arms, Just a thought.
  12. Hinemoa

Hinemoa New Member

like that. I was told it was another form of migraine. A shock and stab of pain in one of my eyes. Then I feel lightheaded and the nostril on that side drains.

We tend to attribute everything to CFS/FM and that could be a bad thing.

When in doubt consult with your doctor.

S.
  13. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Pinched nerve for sure, but it does sound as if you could have a bit of vertigo going on(also can be caused by nerve(Labarynthitis).

Hey you are paying the doctor, you should tell him how you are feeling and be blowed what he thinks. You sound like a sane person to me, he should not think you are a nutcase at all dear.

Try puling in your chin and sitting up realy straight and se if it helps. Also heta pad on the neck? Or rub?

Good luck let us know what doc says. Try meclazine(OTC motion sicknes pill) for the dizzy off balance thing. One a day.

Love Anne C
  14. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

Gosh I just love you guys no matter how scared I"am you guys always help me.I think it is something to do with muscles because I had this pulling feeling in my neck this morning kinda like a jerking in the back of my neck before this happened. I just could"t reach it to try to release it. your right I"am paying this Dr, so I guess He"ll have to listen to me.should i have alist or just try to remember everything? My husband is going with me and sometimes Drs don"t like that . why in the H>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    do I care what he likes, I"m not there to build the Drs ego
    WE need to march on the White House until somebody pays attention to all of us. could we do something for awareness. I think I"m going to send all the people I know the letter to friends and family about having this D.D.
    I never hear from any of them any how. so why not send them a email. Sixtyslady
  15. southernrose

southernrose New Member

Sixty lady, yes I have, but when I tell the doc he just say that he has made all kind of test and everything was normal. Wish I could really help you, for it has happen to me severaltimes. Afterward I also feel lite headed for a few seconds. Now my sinus has never drain afterward, so maybe someone can tell you why. God bless. mable southernrose
  16. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

thanks guys for all the help.I had a foggy day had muscle spasms all nite and didn"t get much sleep.hope we all have a better day tommorrow. Hugs sixtyslady

17. ilovepink4

ilovepink4 Member

I had something similiar when i go off effexor and when i went off cymbalta....i get that zap in my head...then i get dizzy...it goes away when i give in and take one of my pills....it is so hard to get off those meds!!

i don't have this prob right now cuz i am on a small dose of effexor...by the way, i felt NORMAL for a few days when i first started taking the small dose of effexor, then i totally overdid it...now i am back in a flare....but, i felt great for a few days!!! what a gift!!

i hope you get some answers, sixtyslady! take care!! pink