URGENT

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by bandwoman, Mar 27, 2007.

1. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

My vacation has quickly turned into a nightmare. I literally vomited and had diarrhea at the same time the whole night.

I finally just took my pillow and laid on the bathroom floor. I haven't been this sick in years and never like this.

My cat couldn't figure out what was going on and kept coming in and bugging me.

My mom was in a deep sleep and I didn't want to bother her. I am debating about going to the ER. I am definitely dehydrated, weak and my muscles are very sore. I have managed to keep down a little water. I am so thirsty.

Please pray for me that hopefully this was just a 24 hour bug and not food poisoning.

I had just juiced before I got sick and I had spinach in my concoction. I sure hope this isn't a replay of the tainted spinach.

I would appreciate your prayers.

Thanks.

Nancy
  2. pepper

pepper New Member

Dear Nancy,

I am so sorry that this is happening. I am going to stop and pray for you right now, that this goes away and has nothing to do with the spinach or other veggies you juiced.

If you are still dehydrated in a few hours, you should get to the ER or at the very least get some electrolyte drinks into you.

Please keep us posted.
    Love, Judy
  3. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

GEE, I thought I told you to go to your moms and leave the fms monster/pain at home?

Liquids..... get them down... ice chips... stay out the ER, hell you are likely to pick up something worse while there.

Just take baby steps.... keep down ice, you need popsicles, maybe ginger ale or coke, sports drinks. No doubt a bug you picked up from your students.

Graduate up to maybe cinnamon/sugar on toast?

hugs and prayers.
  4. Lms526

Lms526 New Member

This sounds to me like the nasty flu bug my mom had. She was so sick. No one in our family really throws up. But my mom was throwing up and having diarrhea. It hit her really quick. Her stomach felt queasy after she ate, and the vomiting and diarrhea started about 2 am. She ended up staying down basement close to the bathroom. She was doing either one or the other (for the next 12 hours) She said she felt really weak and tired afterwards. I remember my mom saying she felt like she was dying. It took her almost a week before she felt 100% better. My mom said the thing that helped her the most was just sleeping. Fortunately, my dad and I never got what she had.

Also, take it easy with your diet for a few days. Stick to liquids and bland food such as toast, soda crackers and maybe soup. My mom did this for about 5 days before she went back to regular diet.

Sorry to hear you're sick and I hope you're feeling better soon!

Lms526
  5. caffey

caffey New Member

Father in Jesus Name please bring healing to Nancy now from the crown of her head to the soles of her feet. I speak life to her in Jesus Name. Please bring peace to her body and her emotions right now. Thank you in Jesus Name. Amen.
    Love ya
    Cath
  6. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

hope your feeling better by now.
    I always go for the 7-up and maybe some broth when you can stand to keep something down also popsicles help.
    try to rest and feel better.
    prayers and hugs,sixtyslady
  7. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

This flu bug went thur my whole family last month, it was very violent from both ends.

I ended up very dehydrated, and rapid heart beat, went to the local clinic and they gave me a IV. It really helped me feel ALOT better fast.

Hang in there.

Hugs,
    Misty
  8. 143alan

143alan New Member

Nancy,
    I'm just seeing this and it's 8:04 p.m. and I'm praying that you are a lot better and over this. Bless your heart that is some tough stuff to have. Remember when I had to call the ambulance for Pop a couple of weeks ago, that's exactly what was happening to him. The ER doc said it was almost at epidemic proportions here. Praise the Lord Alan and I haven't had it.

Know that I will be praying for you with all my might. I wish I could be there to help you or hold your hand or wipe your brow or something.
    Love ya
    Nancy
    [This Message was Edited on 03/27/2007]