URINARY PROBLEM

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CATLADY912, Apr 4, 2003.

1. CATLADY912

CATLADY912 New Member

DO ANY OF YOU LADIES (AND MEN TOO IF THIS APPLIES TO YOU TO)EVERY HAVE SPASMS WHEN YOU URINATE? I MEAN THE TYPE OF SPASM THAT GOES ALL THRU YOUR BODY WHERE YOU HAVE TO HANG ON TO THE DOOR KNOB? THE ONLY WAY I CAN DESCRIBE IT IS TO SAY IT FEELS LIKE A SEXUAL ORGANGISM.I HAVE TO BE VERY FRANK ABOUT IT OR YOU MIGHT NOT HAVE THE SAME TYPE OF SPASM. IF YOU DO HAVE THESE, WHAT CAUSES THEM AND WHAT CAN WE DO ABOUT IT.ITS NOT PAINFUL IT JUST GOES ALL THRU MY BODY. DO I NEED TO SEE A UROLOGIST ABOUT THIS. THANKS

SOFT HUGS AND CHEERS FOR THE DAY.
    JANICE
  2. babyblues68

babyblues68 New Member

I had this when I was going thru my kidney stone problems. After my lithropitsy and removal of a stent the spasms started. I can't remember the med my urologist gave me, but it worked wonderfully. I only had to take it for about 2 months. Of course my spasms were a result of my bladder being irritated. You may have an infection or something. I suggest you see your doctor.

Tammy
  3. CATLADY912

CATLADY912 New Member

EXPLAIN THE SPASM'S THE SAME WAY THAT I HAVE TRIED TO EXPLAIN THEM HERE.? YOU DIDN'T SAY WHETHER YOU HAVE EVER HAD THIS OR NOT. I JUST ASSUMED YOU DIDN'T SINCE YOU DIDN'T MENTION IT OR IT COULD BE A TOO DELICATE SUBJECT TO TALK ABOUT FOR SOMEONE. BUT THANK YOU FOR INPUT. THIS BOARD REALLY HELPS ME.

SOFT HUGS AND CHEERS TO ALL
    JANICE
  4. spazmonkey

spazmonkey New Member

it's very interesting that you say this because im having alot of bladder spasms as well. Not the kind that i have to hold on to anything while im urinating but just that i have to pee frequently and when i do, its not that much or after i drink a glass of water i have to pee right away. And its interesting that you say its like having an orgasm. When i have an orgasm, my muscles clench up and start spasming, making me feel like my bladder is just going to let loose and ill pee all over my boyfriend, which frankly im not really into.:)

this only happens some times, not all the time...more so before myperiod.
  5. tiredTina

tiredTina New Member

I've been experiencing spasms in my bladder for a long time and was diagnosed with IC 2 1/2 yrs. ago. I would definately go see a urologist and explain in GREAT detail about your symptoms. IC is definately related to fibro and a lot of other DD's . Do you have pain along with the spasms? Do you have to go to the bathroom frequently? Do you have trouble holding it? Do yu leak at all? Do you get up at night more than 2 times to go? Even if you answer no to any of these questions, I'd still go to the uro! I'm curious as to your symptoms and want to help if I can.....I have been to hell and back with my bladder! Please keep me posted on this, ok? Good luck!
    Tina
  6. donna13210

donna13210 Member

I'm not a physician, but you may want to get checked by a urologist for overactive bladder and/or incontinence. I have both. Overactive bladder is when the bladder squeezes prematurely, before the bladder is full, so you have to go much more often. Incontinence is leaking....just not being able to hold it.

By the way, my bladder is the ONLY part of my whole being that is "overactive" since I got this DD! LOL