Urinary Retention: Acidophilus or Multi-Probiotics Normalize Mine

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by hangininthere, Jul 7, 2017.

1. hangininthere

hangininthere Well-Known Member

Acidophilus capsules keep my urinary retention under control as long as I remain on it daily - one capsule a day.

It gives me a normal stream and my bladder empties completely.

If I go without Acidophilus for a couple of days, my bladder stops right up again. Then it takes a few days of daily Acidophilus to get it back under control.

I'm guessing my urinary retention is from a stealth infection - an undetectable infection, maybe a fungal infection, that is controlled by Acidophilus for me.

It was amazing when I accidentally discovered it made my bladder empty normally.

I suffered for decades with a bladder that wouldn't completely empty, and constant trips to the bathroom at home and everywhere I went. When shopping, I could barely make it to every store bathroom, then dribbled only a small amount, leaving a nearly full bladder all the time. What a relief now with the Acidophilus.

I had a bladder test decades ago, and was diagnosed with nerve damage and prescribed pills for it to help my bladder empty. I never took the pills, though, after reading the drug brochure first like I always do and I was afraid of getting some dangerous side-effects. So I suffered through more decades.

I even had my urethra stretched a couple of times at the urologist, to no avail.

I tried the prescription Detrol pills for overactive bladder, to no avail. My bladder wasn't overactive, it was full and couldn't empty nearly enough.

A safe and simple capsule - Acidophilus - gives me total relief as long as I stay on it, one pill daily.

Patti
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  2. hangininthere

hangininthere Well-Known Member

P.S. I bought a different kind of Acidophilus a few weeks ago, a big hard-to-swallow hard chalky tablet, and it doesn't work on my urinary retention.

So I bought a different brand in capsule form and it's working.

Buy it in capsule form.

A multi-strain Probiotic works well, too. Buy it in capsule form.

Patti
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2017