Urinary Tract Issues (lovely, I know)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by massmike, Jul 21, 2003.

1. massmike

massmike New Member

Hi all,

Every few weeks I get pain in urination and swelling in the urethra. It causes much stress and pain. The tests are always negative and I do not know if I should push my doctor to give me an anitbiotic or is it just something that comes with FMS. It lasts way too long also maybe 4-8 weeks. It gets me depressed too. Anybody have experience with this and have suggestions?? I am sure some will tell me about candida and maybe thats the problem but how do I know for sure.

Mike
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Mike, this just doesn't seem "normal" even for us, although, I am not familiar with the problems men with our illnesses suffer. I would get another opinion.

BTW, I noticed you are from Mass. and a Red Sox fan. The Red Sox do their spring training here in the winter/spring. My doc is the team doc. His wife, who is also a doc practicing with him, recently sang the National Anthem at a Red Sox game. My next door neighbors are from Wakefield and the couple downstairs are from Billerica (sp?). Small world.

Love, Mikie (female)
  3. massmike

massmike New Member

so you must be from Ft Myers. How does the weatehr work for you down there??? I keep thinking I shoudl move to a warmer climate.

Hopefully there will be some guys who can respond to my post about the UTI.

Mike
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Yes, I'm in Fort Myers. I love the heat & humidity, but it's not for everyone. It took me about a year to acclimate to it. I just love Florida, but it's growing so fast down here.

I hope someone else will respond to you about the UTI too, but we don't have all that many men and I don't know whether the women here have had this swelling type problem. I hope someone can help you.

Love, Mikie
  5. massmike

massmike New Member

I sure hope someone can help. I usually start drinking alot of water and pure cranberry juice to get me thru but it just keeps happening and it drives me nuts.

No wonder i am single..LOL

MIke