Urinating more on the yeast/sugar-free diet

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by VivaMaryKay, Feb 4, 2003.

1. VivaMaryKay

VivaMaryKay New Member

Today is Day 2 of my yeast, wheat, and sugar-free diet.

I'm vigilant to see if I can feel any changes for the better.

I output more urine now! So I urinate more frequently, and each time I go, it's a large amount.

No, I don't have a urinary tract infection.

So, WHO ELSE has had this happen on this diet?
  2. marcus1243

marcus1243 New Member

And I know somebody else who did too, so that's at least three of us! ;) I think it may be something to do with the fact that we are taking in more protein to replace the carbs.
    The diet is tough isn't it! Are you detoxing from Candida?
    That's the reason I'm doing it.
    Hope it works for you!
    --Marcus
  3. Newswoman

Newswoman New Member

I did have a UTI/bladder infection when I first went on the diet more than a month ago. Even when that cleared up, I had to go more. If you think about how the body works, it would only make sense that you would have to urinate more frequently. I'm not doctor, but I do have a theory.

Bad yeast like candida is a waste product. When you deprive your body of yeast and sugar, which prevents the candida from multiplying, the candida dies. This is a waste product. What does your body do with waste? It expels it. If you are also drinking more water on your diet, then you will also have to go more.

If you are really concerned about this, see a doctor just to be safe.
  4. VivaMaryKay

VivaMaryKay New Member

Glad to hear that others have noticed this-- I'm happy to think that maybe it IS a sign that my anti-candida diet is causing SOME internal change!

This gives me more power to continue with the diet. I'm imagining the toxins leaving via urine!

No, I'm not worried. I know the symptoms of a UTI, and this is not.

Good luck to everyone else on this diet. I'm going to the store now to make and freeze soup...
  5. GSteele

GSteele New Member

Hi. Have you noticed that when you eat yeast or sugar you have fluid retention problems? Well, when you get it out of your system or even in the process of doing so, you get rid of all that fluid. This means you spend a lot of time in the bathroom until you have de-toxified!
    GSteele.