Use of a TENS machine...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jmq, Oct 7, 2008.

1. jmq

jmq New Member

I have my TENS machine and LOVE it. It does not take all the pain away but I find it so relaxing and lessens the knawing pain in my hip and leg calves. It has a 30 min and 60 min...and is little like a phone!

My question is there a limit on how long you can use it in a day. Not only in one place of your body....but if I used it on my back for 60 mins, can I use it on my legs for another 6o mins later in the day...or right after the other treatment?

I read an old post on here where someone walked around for 10 hours using it!! Is that ok?? I can see doing it if I could!!

BTW, I am also getting great results from Lyrica too!

2. robin1667

robin1667 New Member

My chiro & DR. told me I could use it anytime, all day if needed.
    Yes, you can move it around to any place right away after using it. I noticed when I was working and sweating I got shocks from the patches because they can come loose from moving around and sweating, not a good feeling!

They told me not to sleep with it on or drive with it on.

Glad to hear Lyrica is helping you! I couldn't use it, to many side effects.

Hugs, Robin
  3. ChyC

ChyC New Member

It helps me so much when I over over worked muscles. It's the best investment I ever made.

4. PainPainGoAway

PainPainGoAway New Member

check with your doctor or PT just to make sure but I used to wear mine all day for years on my lower back when I worked at a preschool...would never have made it without it!
    I would take it off the lower back and move it to my shoulders but couldn't walk around like that for some reason but recall is fuzzy why not.

The pain doctor offered to install one inside my back and it can be left on for long periods. I'm not sure if I'm intersted in that method but if it would help, maybe I would.

Mine is not working right now and I need to get back in to get it replaced but too much going on right now. I am glad to see this post as I need to remind myself to get that taken care of.
  5. jmq

jmq New Member

I feel like I am a Tens addict now...I get so excited to use it...I pack it up like its a rare diamond! LOL....I am so glad I can use it as much as I would like to . So far, I have just used it 30 mins here and there....nothing for long straight periods of time....but on a rough day, it will be nice to know I could. I wish you could go to sleep with makes me so relaxed.

Thank you for all your input!
  6. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

I use a tens too.Sometimes I wear 2 of them. You can not use your tens unit anywhere on your head never ever! Never use it for headaches. Just thought you would like to know that. I'm happy its helping you its helped me for many years. Take care
    Love Dee50