Use of digitalis for Heart Palpitations; not angina

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LongStruggle, Dec 17, 2006.

1. LongStruggle

LongStruggle Guest

Has anybody been prescribed digitalis for heart palpitations? I saw some recent literature indicating that there are a few doctors using digitalis to treat heart palpitations that aren't angina. The doctors prescribing it seem to be subscribing to the theory of heart failure due to mitochondrial dysfunction. Anybody having success with digitalis for this purpose?
  2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

My doctor said he might prescribe digoxin (a form of digitalis), depending on the results of my impedance cardiograph test. He's going to talk to me about the results of the test on 1/3. He believes that a form of congestive heart failure may be involved, and that the digoxin would help with that.

So I don't know, but I may be taking it soon. I'll post what he says after 1/3.

Mary
  3. LongStruggle

LongStruggle Guest

Any others been prescribed this?
  4. lurkernomore

lurkernomore New Member

Not digitalis, but after going from having sinus tachyachardia to supraventricular tachycardia, I now take Digoxin daily. It's really important to have those Dig levels tested on a regular basis too, to make sure you are getting a therapeutic dosage and not toxic. Wishing you all the best.

Oh I almost forgot, when first starting the Digoxin, I did notice my fatigue seemed more pronounced but my body seems to have adjusted to it nicely now.